cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change colors of Calendar entries?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to change colors of Calendar entries?

I have three different calendars (Corporate, My Calendar and Google Calendar).  The Google Calendar entries appear with black text on a navy blue background -- these colors are very poor in contrast and are difficult to read in all but the most ideal lighting situations.  Does anyone know how to change the background and text color of Google Calendar (or any other calendar) entries?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured out the answer to my own question.  You can change the background colors of Google Calendar entries by logging into your Google account online and changing them there.  I thought the Epic was assigning default colors to calendar entries, but these were actually default colors chosen by Google.  Once you change them in your Google account online and sync the changes with your phone, the new colors appear on the Epic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you able to sync multiple Google Calendars with the Epic?  I wasn't able to do this.  I liked having the different colors for different type of activities but only found one calendar would sync?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I get multiple Google Calendars on the Epic.

From the main page of your Epic, you need to access the Settings page.  On the Settings page, scroll down to Accounts & sync.  There, you can add your Google account(s).  I only have one Google account, but it can access multiple calendars.

Access to multiple calendars was not set-up via the Epic.  I first had to do that online via my Google account.  Once your online Google account accesses all the calendars you want, and you choose the colors for each online calendar you want, then just sync-up your Epic to your Google account.  You should be able to see each calendar in its own color...at least that's how it works on my Epic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That didn't work for me? I tried this first sync after first updating the EPIC to 2.2 Android since my phone is brand new. 

But only one calendar would sync.  I also only have one Goggle Account with multiple calendars but only the one default Google calendar would sync. 

I saw this was a problem when the Epic first came out..and wonder if it is again a new problem with the update ---are all your multiple calendars still syncing?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My single Google account has multiple calendars it syncs with.  Yes, my Epic has been able to sync with this Google account and its 4 calendars very well.  Changes made on the Epic are synched with the online version in less than 10 seconds, and vice versa.

On the Settings page, under Accounts and sync, is your Google account listed there?  Also, both the checkboxes for Background Data as well as Auto-Sync should be checked.  You probably have done these steps, but I figured it couldn't hurt to check.

One notable difference between your setup and mine, however, is Android 2.2.  I was not aware that this update was available for the Sprint Epic.  My device does not have 2.2, so perhaps that's the culprit.

How did you get Android 2.2 (Froyo)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have the calendar set for Auto-Sync--I do it manually but wouldn't think that is the issue.  Since I bought the phone last week and had read about all these update issues I had the store update my phone.

But check here for a thread about the update-  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/62961?tstart=0

The software is available to download and you should find the spot in this thread.  http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO...

Can you let me know after you update your phone if you add a calendar event in any of the calendars which is not the main default one listed first on the Google Calendar setting whether that event will sync with your phone.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's update to Android 2.2 (Froyo) has been temporarily suspended, pending investigation of problems from some customers.  My phone has not yet been updated to 2.2, and I'm not going to attempt it until the latest round of issues gets resolved...sorry.

It's logical to assume that Sprint's first Android 2.2 update is connected to your Google calendar synchronization problems.  Hopefully, your problems should resolve with the 2nd 2.2 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok--let me know when you do update your phone and whether you can keep your separate and different colored Google Calendars.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Just received my Froyo update:

Firmware:  2.2.1

Baseband Version: S:D700.05S.EC05

Build Number: FROYO.EC05

All my Google calendars are syncing normally. I still see all my calendars, the colors are the same (although the fonts actually look sharper now), and online syncing with my handheld is still just as fast.  Basically, this Froyo update has not affected Google calendar operations at all.

I hope you have the same experience after updating to the latest Froyo version.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for remembering to follow up!  I haven't received the update since I am on the EB13 version. if I get the update...and it's proven to work effectively with EB13--then I'll switch to EC05 and post whether this corrects the limiation in EB13.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat