cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to set my Epic to always roam, any help?

Journeyman

I want to set my Epic to always roam, any help?

I just bought a Samsung Epic, the phone is great but we live right on a border where my phone goes from Sprint to Roam all the time. On my Centro I set it to always roam and it worked great. How do I do this with the Epic? I am stumped.

Alan

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: I want to set my Epic to always roam, any help?

You can't, Sprint is phasing out the "Roam Only" option on all phones. Setting your phone to roam only would ultimately result in them terminating your contract since your limited in the amount of roaming they allow.

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

Journeyman

You can download roam control from the Market.  It allows you to set your Epic to either Roam Only, Home, or Automatic.  Roam Control does require you to have root access on your phone.  To root your phone, you can just google "root on epic" and there should be instructions on how to do it.  Its relatively easy to do.

Sprint allows you domestic roaming for no added charge.  I have heard they do terminate you if you abuse roaming (> 50% of the time)

Journeyman

i received this same letter, as of today i have 1,740,883 kb in sprint data, and 65,881 kb in roam, thats less than 4%. what gives? i have unlimited everthing w/ evo 4g and phone switches to roam in sprint service areas like tampa, orlando, jacksonville, and miami all the time yet they threaten me.

charles.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat