cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If You Want A Fix For Your GPS Please Read On...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am humbly asking everyone who reads this and has the original Epic 4G (slide) to stand with me on something. A few moments ago I sent an email on this site: https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionProduct.jsp?SITE_ID=1. My email described the issue probably most, if not all of us are having with the GPS locking up when used continually for more than 5 minutes. I also described how I was able to duplicate the problem by using apps like Google Navigation, Telenav, Glympse, Google Maps or Facebook Check-in, because all those apps require the continual functioning of our GPS feature. Please put "GPS Problems Since Gingerbread Update" in the subject line. Let's try some solidarity and see if we can force them to correct this. We may be able to get a fully-functioning, bug-free version of 2.3.6 out of this. Never know til we try right. PLEASE STAND WITH ME.

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Let's See If We Can Get Samsung's Attention

I've done it. Good job with post.

Journeyman

I've found this on yahoo news.

Set My Location

Sign in | Settings

Privacy | Legal | Help

© 2012 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved

Journeyman

Done, I took the chance and mentioned several other bugs I've observed, also release my anger and frustration to Samsung for their lack of support for all their mobile equipments. Soon will be Sprint's turn, hopefully the contract will end and I am free to go somewhere else that have a good network, and better prices (I know they are few, but exist). With the performance I am getting in my living area honestly I will not regret leaving the "UNLIMITED" data. What it is good for if I am not able to watch a youtube video without buffering. I suffer from envy, by looking my co workers and some family members with other carriers (even in 3G) browsing and watching streaming without trouble!! buffering or un-responsive networks.

It is sad that finally they got the iPhone and now I will still get it from another carrier.

LC

Journeyman

So, has anyone gotten a reply back from their email yet? I'm sitting here think of ways to get others to read this email and comply. Any ideas????

Journeyman

I just sent the following NEW email to Samsung as they have yet to respond to my FIRST inquiry:

Last week I sent an email to you explaining how ever since I received the Gingerbread (2.3.5) update to my Epic 4G (slide) deviceI have had an issue with my GPS. The GPS icon, after about 10 minutes of use, will lock onto my screen, but there will be no satellite lock and the ONLY way to (TEMPORARILY) correct the issue is completely shut my phone down and then restart it, only to have it repeat the process again with the same result.  I have hard reset my device 4 times and it still does not correct the problem.  The applications that cause this issue are such that require a continual GPS connection for operability: Google Navigation, Telenav, Glympse, Google Maps, etc. And for some reason, it will also occur when using Facebook Check-In.

This is my SECOND email to Samsung about the VERY same issue and the first one still has not been responded to which is very unprofessional in my opinion. I did pay a hefty sum of money for this device and I feel like I should have some support from YOU, the manufacturer, with it. Please assist.

Let's see if they have the respect and character to respond to this one...

Journeyman

Thanks for your help and adding your addtional phone issues is PERFECT!!!! Good show!!!

Wizard

I have been working on providing examples from Sprints end as well. If you are experiencing this issue with the Samsung Epic, please Private Message me your number and I can push it up as an example.

Journeyman

Well Knick I don't know if I can call myself lucky for getting a response from Samsung, but check what they answered. LOL

I covered the representative name to avoid issues, any way; Why I will send a handset to Samsung if I am paying Sprint $8/month for everything that happens to the equipment? Duh!!! I know maybe they doesn't know that but I suspect if the handset is evaluated by them I will be charged for been out of the factory warranty period. So thanks but no Thanks!!

Thank you for your inquiry. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We understand that yourhaving a trouble with your handset.

Please try to perform a soft reset or remove the battery and put the battery back in.

After the soft reset, please check if there is a network issue regarding the GPS feature that maybe affecting the handset.

If still not working, we recommend sending the handset to Samsung repair center to properly evaluate your phone.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Device and service request? For 24 hour information and assistance, we recommend viewing the FAQs, Videos, How To Guides and other support materials on our Samsung Support website. It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

M****e
Technical Support

Journeyman

LC,

I would try this first before leaving and I'll tell you why in a  moment. Call Sprint and tell them the trouble you're having with your  service in your area. Be calm (because I KNOW you're upset, with every  right to be) , but let them know what's going on. If the first person is  an idiot, make sure to get their names and then file that in the ID10T  file and report them later. Call back again and again calmy explain your  situation. Here's why: A while ago, about 5 or so years. I used to  attend my alma mater and while I was on campus, I mean as SOON as I set  FOOT on campus, my Sprint phone lost ALL signal. To add insult to  injury, I worked in the computer lab IN THE BASEMENT......My phone would  roam and then go into standby. LOL I called talked to a guy in Oklahoma  in tech support and he took my zip code and I swear about a week or 2  later I had all my bars in the basement of my student union (where I  worked)......Stack of Bibles, true story. Now I realise my story has a  lot of parts that you may not be able to duplicate, but with your issue  as you describe it, they'll probably send you an Air Rave for free for 2  years. That's what my boy had them do for him.

Here's  why: I just looked at Verizon's prices today: Unlimited Voice $69.99,  Unlimited Messaging $20, but here's the kicker the most you can get on  data is 12GB which is $100....So, you're talking about hmmm $190+ per  month for the closest you can get to unlimited (but it's NOT) and if you  use your web, text and stream a lot and receive a lot of emails you're  going to use that 12GBs up REALLY quick then you're adding overage  charges to your expenses.

NO, I do not work for Sprint  because I'm sure there's some legal crap that prevents them from being  so specific about their competetors.....As mad as I am with Sprint right  now, I still haven't had many problems with them as far as service goes  and I think that if you take my advice, you can get a fix to AT LEAST  your service issue...

Journeyman

Hey LC

I've seen that CRAP before!! LOL It's called some fool in a country on the OTHER end of the planet who doesn't know english, being paid $1 a day, but still doing better than us because 1 USD is like 500,000 of their dollars. LOL

Journeyman

By the way, in my last post I said C R A P....I don't curse. LOL

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat