cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly frustrating issues with a 32gb memory card. It's deleting my music!

Highlighted

Incredibly frustrating issues with a 32gb memory card. It's deleting my music!

Hey there.

I've talked to several sprint employees and visited the store today in hope of getting this issue fixed.

I got a new 32g memory card for my phone, and I took all the data from my previous card and put it on my desktop.

I connected my phone to my computer via the USB cable, and began to transfer the old data over to my new card.

This worked for the phone/app data, but not my music. None of it transferred.

I tried to just transfer the music over, and after two hours of transferring and a safe ejection, the music is still not appearing in my phone. I put it in the correct folder, and when I reconnect it to my computer, the files are gone.

So I tried formatting the sd card and trying again. This time, I got all my bands up to the letter S, and nothing after it. I tried to move all the other music over, but they would not stay in the card after the ejection.

I did a full factory reset of my device and tried this again, and I got the same result.

I then bought a card reader, and transferred all my data over to my card through this, and still, once the card is in my phone, it will only display bands up to the letter S, and nothing else.

I tried to load the music in chunks, a few folders at a time, and it only remembers the data from the first transfer, and nothing for the second and third.

I'm at a loss.

What can I do to get my music to stay on my card?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Incredibly frustrating issues with a 32gb memory card. It's deleting my music!

What model phone do you have?  What is the file type for the tracks that wont show up?  How are you transferring the files? Are you dragging and dropping or are you using a program to sync your music?  A little more information would be appreciated.

-John

Re: Incredibly frustrating issues with a 32gb memory card. It's deleting my music!

I have a SPH-D700

.mp3

I've moved them with the USB cable and moved them directly to my card via a card reader and an adapter.

I'm just dragging and dropping.

Thanks!

Master

Wow.  This should be so easy...You really have covered all the bases I can think of.  If you are using a card reader to drag and drop the .mp3 files...the phone definitely should be able to read it.  If you completely take the card out and use the card reader to transfer the files...are you then able to see the files before you ever insert the card into the phone?  If we could try the card with all the music in a different phone at the store, we could narrow down the problem as either the card or the phone.

Would you like me to make a ticket for you to instruct a Sprint Service & Repair Center to fix this for you?

-John

I am able to see the files before I put them in the phone.

I think it's my card that is faulty, so I've already put in a request to return it. If I can find a local store that sells 32g micros, I'll buy it there and see if I can get it to work. Otherwise, I'll bring it into the store.

Thanks!

Master

Alright.  I hope that solves it for you.

-John

Sprint Employee

Just out of curiosity what's the total size of all media added (in GB, MB) and do you see the files moved to LOST.DIR?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat