cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a fix for the Epic's failure to provide visual message notification?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a fix for the Epic's failure to provide visual message notification?

It appears that I am not the only one with this problem (and it is a problem) - My message light will blink a few times when a voice mail message is initially created.  But that is the only reliable visual notification when the screen is off.  Of course that is totally useless since I don't need it to just blink when the message first arrives.  I would have answered the call if I had been there to hear it in the first place!    I need to see it blinking later on! So, at the moment, I am stuck with having to turn on the screen to see if there are any messages.  That is totally unacceptable and makes me sorry that I "upgraded" to a crippled phone.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

I would settle for an app that would give me audible notifications and/or visual notifications that voice mail is waiting. Let me know if there is one and if you have used it with success.

The simple phones could do this as a standard feature.  Hate to think that I paid extra money for a phone that can't do some of the most basic simple things.  Guess I should be glad that it is able to make phone calls - although I could start another thread on that subject.

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Is there a fix for the Epic's failure to provide visual message notification?

Grab yourself the Missed Reminders app from the Market.  Great app that is really customizable.  Missed calls, missed texts, missed gmails.  There isn't anything that will remind you of a voicemail, but at least it will notify you of the missed call.  You can set up custom vibrate scripts, you can have it turn on the screen for 2 seconds or 10 seconds.  You can set it to run at startup so you don't have to worry about launching it yourself.  And, it's free.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat