cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got the Samsung Epic...Any feedback from the Epic Community?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the Samsung Epic...Any feedback from the Epic Community?

Good evening.  I just got the Samsung Epic and wanted to know what's the Community's impression.  I recently had the HTC Evo and had random reboot issues.  So far I've heard only good things about the Epic and not that many issues (or as much as the Evo).  Also, I know the Android 2.3 update is so close for the Epic, anyone hear an approximate date?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

Bummer, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm curious as to whether my Epic and yours are equally bright. Have you looked at anyone else's Epic outdoors?

Highlighted
Wizard

No, I haven't seen any other Epic.

It was at the lowest setting when I was using the GPS yesterday without realizing it.  No clue how it changed without my permission.  Even if on the brightest setting, its not that good outside.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe you have your "Automatic Brightess" checkmarked?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do appreciate all the feedback.  It's been a couple of days with the phone and I'm pretty good so far.  It's scaled won compared to the Evo, but there hasn't been any technical issues, screen problems, etc.  I think Android 2.2 still leaves alot to be desired to Gingerbread (i.e. battery management).  Either way I'm satisfied and will be review my options come next june. 

Regardless, I'll be putting a discussion together in the Evo section just to see how other EVo users have moved on and their issues feedback as previous users of the phone (i.e. random reboot, GPS, Data consumption).  As an engineer I'm curious on how all the communities issues have been relayed to Sprint and HTC and if they did anything about it to the newer versions (or will the EVO 3d radio will crap out 6-9 months in).
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat