Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just poor customer service...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just poor customer service...

Worst Customer Service Ever.

I've had an ongoing issue with this Samsung Epic. Text messaging has been on and off since I got the phone. I'm sure you can see the notes on the account. Basically, you guys don't want to give me a phone credit that I should be getting. The managers I spoke to both say that I should go into the store and get the phone serviced, I DID THAT. they said it's an ongoing "known" issue and swapping out the phone won't help. It's a NETWORK issue. So when I call back, the managers STILL say there's nothing they can do for me, even though I did what they said.

This is extremely frustrating. If you see that the issue is the companies fault, then customer service should try to do something to compensate the customer. I've been on hold and on the phones with you guys for well over an hour now and driving back and forth to the store with no results. I do ask that I be compensated the discount on my bill for this incredible inconvenience. To say "that won't fix the problem" is not my problem. As a company that's just poor quality service. Had I known this about the phone and the company not trying to do ANY thing to make this right, I would've never left AT&T.

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the same ongoing issues since I got my Epic in November! The customer service agents have even accused ME of FRAUD when THE AGENT offered to remove back charges that should have been credited in the first place!!! Unbelievable.  I asked to cancel my contract and they said pay $200! For service I'm not getting? Sorry! My phone has been unusable 80% of the time since MAY 24TH due to tower outage in my zip code (plus 4 others in my area).  Have yet to get my account credit the Advanced Tech support agent told me she would call back about.  I am beyond angry and frustrated with this company and the customer service.  I went and bought an iPhone 4 and just waiting out my contract at this point.  If anyone asks me I will give them an earful about how much Sprint has jerked me around after years of being a good customer. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your advice is incredibly helpful and accurate.  I understand the frustrations that customers such as myself go through when things go wrong, but I have always gotten the issues resolved by Sprint.  It may involve extra time and effort, at times, but it is worth it in the end.  Politeness and understanding will carry you a long ways at Sprint.  There is ALWAYS someone who can help with any issues we as customers can face.  It may not always be the person or department you are dealing with at the moment.  Just be kind, yet persistent and you will eventually get the help and restitution that you deserve.  Guaranteed!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you J0SEPHCASTELL1. I will definitely try this. And to respond the reply about being nice and couteous. I'm sure Sprint has ALL of my calls recorded from the time i got this phone and called in about the issue "months" ago. I was always respectful and never rude at ANY point. I state my point and wait on hold and end up on the call for over 30 min. each time just so they can tell me the same thing. I call them on my work break and it takes up all of my time. Again, I shouldn't have to go through this every month. It's such a frustrating, time-consuming, inconvenience that I didn't sign up for! Again, if it's a known issue, fix it or compensate for it. Don't pass it off to the next person or tell me to do something that you "know" isn't going to help.

Again all the calls are recorded so you can see that i'm not being unreasonable or disrespectful...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would say the biggest problem in today's customer service is the restrictions being placed on the customer service personal, each person has only so much authority and is given specific instructions on what procedures to follow. So it is foolish for the consumer to get angry at the people just doing their jobs at many times just being paid minimum wage or slightly above it, and who are being graded on number of calls per hour they get through.

With that being said, the best thing a consumer can do is realize what the limit is of the person they are talking to, don't waste your time, their time and your agraviation, explain your issue and if it is something you have called on multiple times have a log handy so you can provide the customer service agent the date and time and who you spoke to last. This will allow them to better review the notes and assist you. Even if that assistance is up the chain of command (which they will avoid if they feel they can assist you since that counts against their scoring as well.

You as the consume should in your log have the date, time, person that you spoke to and either their name or id number (id number actually works best). Also note their action, passed to supervisor... sent to tech support and spoke to ....

Having all this is helpful to you, so if you need to contact the Company management (Board of Directors or Investment links always work best). You can be as clear and accurate in your explaination of your problem, the fixes and attempt to fix tried before, who you spoke to and when etc. I would also advise you to praise the people who tried to help you but failed not because lack of trying but due to either restrictions placed on them or corporate policy.

I read so many of these comments and posts with statements like 'they s##k, they are the worse, this device is cr#p' I love the ones where people say so and so company was so much better (than why did you switch?) it is so easy to complain. It is harder but more rewarding if you point out what you think is wrong and let the managment know.

All the companies are making changes it is our job as the consumer to let the company know if the change is good for us.

Enough of my soap box....

Highlighted
Journeyman

William,

While you’re at it, will you please check out my area, since according to the couple of sprint stores I’ve visited all they can tell me is “yes, we know its been an ongoing issue..sorry” well sorry doesn’t cut it in this case, unless you decide to start paying for a service I’m not in all reality getting… maybe you can relay the information to a higher authority[...]

You can start with these zip codes “I tend to travel a lot, so dallas would be a start”

Zip codes: 75201, 75202, 75203, 75204, 75205, 75206, 75207, 75208, 75209, 75210, 75211, 75212, 75214, 75215, 75216, 75217, 75218, 75219, 75220, 75221, 75222, 75223, 75224, 75225, 75226, 75227, 75228, 75229, 75230, 75231, 75232, 75233, 75234, 75235, 75236, 75237, 75238, 75239, 75240, 75241, 75242, 75243, 75244, 75245, 75246, 75247, 75248, 75249, 75250, 75251, 75252, 75253, 75258, 75260, 75261, 75262, 75263, 75264, 75265, 75266, 75267, 75270, 75275, 75277, 75283, 75284, 75285, 75286, 75287, 75294, 75295, 75301, 75303, 75310, 75312, 75313, 75315, 75320, 75323, 75326, 75336, 75339, 75342, 75346, 75350, 75353, 75354, 75355, 75356, 75357, 75359, 75360, 75363, 75364, 75367, 75368, 75370, 75371, 75372, 75373, 75374, 75376, 75378, 75379, 75380, 75381, 75382, 75386, 75387, 75388, 75389, 75390, 75391, 75392, 75393, 75394, 75395, 75396, 75397, 75398.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you need help, why the hostility?  People here genuinely care and try to help others.  You will find that kindness goes a long way around here and within Sprint.  Welcome to the forums and for security, please change your username to something other than your cell number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree with you on that.. I've had my phone since November and im already to my third phone. This is the worst phone I've had thus far. Had I of known that this phone was a piece of crap, I wouldn't have wasted all that money on it and went with something different. Im having problems with this phone as well, my text messages are slow, messages from early in the day dont appear to my phone until noon ish..sprint customer service messed up my phone so it now doesn't vibrate, Its just crappy and If I had of known it would be like that, I too would have went with at&t.. I will be on my way up to sprint soon though.. I can't handle this, they should at least, give us a phone knowing that since they've come out they have been nothing but problems to everyone that has them..

Highlighted
Journeyman

You should report them to the better business bureau.

Highlighted
Journeyman

News Flash:  The BBB is one of the biggest scamming companies out there!  Their rating system is completely corrupt.  They have been outrightly exposed for the sham they are.  If you're willing to pay them their required blackmail money, you get an instant A rating, if you don't you can NEVER achieve a rating above C,,, FACT!  "F" the BBB!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I strongly suggest that you send your a detailed issue about your problem to Sprint Management, getting the executive team involved will get your issue resolved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the samsung epic 4g and it is the best phone I have evr had! I have not found one single problem wrong with it! I can text where ever I am, I can make calls wherever I want, the service is lcking a little but tht is the problem with sprint not the phone... the phone is simply incredible!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I"ve had the Samsung Moment for 1yr 5mos now. Yes occasionally it has froze up for a cpl of minutes and even to the point where I've had to restart it. Recently it started not ringing through on most recieved calls and I wouldn't even know that anyone had called until the voicemail came through. Then every time I took a picture, it would go to a green screen for a second before displaying the pic I took. Last night, the screen would only come on when I slid the keyboard out. Today the screen doesn't come on at all. I went to the Sprint store and the employee there said that this is a known issue with the Moment. I found out that because I have insurance, I was able to get the phone replaced for free. Had I not had insurance, I would have been out of luck because the 1yr manufacturer warranty has already expired. I will say that regardless of the small problems I've had with the phone, I still love the Moment and am looking forward to my replacement. Yes the replacement will be a refurbished phone. But since my phone is over a yr old, how can I expect a new phone in return? That's just ludacris. If it had been a new phone, then I would expect a new replacement. I have been with Sprint for about 10yrs now. I have never had an issue with customer service either in-store or over the phone. They have always been extremly prompt in taking care of any situation I have had. This is the first phone that I have had any issues with, but they are minor comapred to what I've seen and read about with other models. I can't wait to get another Moment!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat