cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE!!!

Ok now i have the Samsung Epic 4G which was built to run on Sprints 4G WiMax which they never installed in my city of Milwaukee, WI. Now they have left WiMax( their 4G service) and jumped on the LTE network. WTF!!! Now i can never utilize my phone to its fullest ability. Sprint you will be replacing my phone for FREE

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LTE!!!

I feel exactly the same as you.  Sprint will claim they made no promises to provide us 4G service.  Des Moines Iowa, no 4G, we will never see 4G WiMax and I could have saved a lot of money by going to verizon instead of buying my Epic 4G back when I did.  I cannot wait until my contract is satisfied and I am outta here...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Waukesha, WI (next to Milwaukee) and the only time I was able to use 4G was at Mitchell Airport before departing. When I came back to Mitchell, I couldn't pick up a 4G signal. Sprint should have credited us ($10 premium data fee...lol) for their failure to come through on Wimax. Verizon had 4G in my city last summer already. Sprint probably won't get 4G LTE, here, in another couple of years at least.

Sprint's service has gotten worse but costs more (changing corporate discount on family plans and outrageous Sprint surcharge fees) now.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes!!! They must replace for free. They illegaly false advertised and look at the name of the phone...Epic 4G...its really Epic 3G....Epic for short. Sprint attempted to make fast bucks knowing fully that they will never complete WiMax. Well, they lost money and will continue to do so. Dan Heese are terrible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same here. and i bet once lte is widely spread... they will stop thetruly unlim plans. MARK MY WORDS! if sprint is smart they will in the minimum of their gratitude give us loyal customers a special discount on a new comparible handset. i have already decided that when my contract is up june '13 to not renew and go m2m. come on sprint... please see that we understand the decision to drop wimax venture. not that many of us customers said it was not a good move to go wimax when it killed our roaming on verizons towers when in bad service areas! just make us happy and enjoy the continued revenue we bring in.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yup, when Sprint eliminate unlimited for 4G, it will be the final nail in their coffin. I'm sure they will keep 3G unlimited, but they should make it faster than current turtle. Sprint can't get anything first. LOL The GS3 is going to Verizon. I have already decided that when Sprint go to tiers for 4G, I am leaving for Verizon and will not pay any remaining balance as I will consider it a refund for nonexistant 4G services for named 4G phone. Millions are already posted their commitment the same on a site. Beware, Sprint. 😉

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep,  I'm already calculating my costs.  I checked verizon 4g map and it's lit up like a Christmas tree around me.  And I know it'll be 4evar be4 sprint is even half way there!  Verizon may not be unlimited but it's sure as hell faster and less dead zones.  Canceled my hotspot today Cuz its of no use limited...  Oh well.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat