cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 48 hours...just got newest update..still an issue.

Journeyman

Last 48 hours...just got newest update..still an issue.

Ok HELP! I have been a Sprint Customer for over 11 years.....

In the last 48 maybe 31 hours. My EPIC 4G Froze. Could not turn it on.. could not turn it off. took the battery out blah blah blah.. once it finally did turn back on it took forever to unlock. and only did after I plugged it in to charge it, even though it was fully charged. Once it restarted itself, I was then able to use it however, the HOME screen button no longer works. It is almost like it reset all my settings except my walIpaper (photo from gallery) I since have reset all the options..then BOOM here comes the update just less than 20 mins ago (now 30 mis ago as i reread my post)..  note: before the gingerbread thing happened I did not have any issues with my phone at alll....now here are my thoughts "oh yay another update that will either fix everything since this gingerbread cookie that tasted horrible to the Froyo that keeps playing yoyo with me! or maybe it will screw things up even more and I will continue to be upset that I rushed into (almost 2 yrs ago) a BRAND NEW product with no history on it"....sigh...yeah.. the Home buttom still doesnt work and nothing has changed except the Sprint Connections Optimizer which will not really make much of a difference that I can tell....

I have reset to factory settings on this phone over 4 times in the last almost 2 yrs...please dont tell me i have to do that again to get it to stop actng all Wonkey and cattywompus on me...oh and every time i take it to my Local Sprint Store.. they dont have a clue..and I talk to different customer service reps... soooooo yeah...this is my last ditch effort before my contract is up and I can get a new new new phone again...there has to be something that works the way its supposed too...somewhere..or maybe im just dreaming again...silly blonde.

OH Wait...I almost forgot.. will I ever be able to turn the sound off on the camera shutter again...keep reading conflicting info and nothing anyone says to do has worked... oh and again the customer service guy at the store said he didnt know anything about it...a few of them have.. sucks when you are trying to take pictures in a quiet room with no flash so as not to disturb the other peeps and that Shutter sound goes off..Almost got me kicked out of the Vatican last year and my phone removed from me permanently...continue with sighs....

Somewhat Sincerely (...with a huff and a hrumpt added..).

Phrustrated in Phoenix

K

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Last 48 hours...just got newest update..still an issue.

DEERONPATH,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the device and software related issues. To address the main issue which is your home button not working, how have you reset it? Are you going through the factory reset settings through the phone or using the buttons on the device to reset? Also to address the camera shutter sound, I am only finding three camera sounds and unfortunately there is not one to silence the camera. There is one that sounds like a camera flashing and taking the picture, one that has two beeps, and one that has a lower beep sound.

Markie_B

Journeyman

I have reset to Factory 2 times.. it did not work. I have used the buttons to reset the device. That did not work either. Shutter sound. you cant find it because there is no way to silence it. I used to be able to turn the volume down and it would be silent but alas with one of the updates made in the last 1.5 yrs that went away. I did notice since I posted on 04/20. my screen will not lock. It used to lock if I turned the screen off using the on/off button by pressing it once. Now I cant lock it that way nor can I lock it using the settings\ location and Security\ change screen lock. So I am guessing like the last time we had a sprint update it took things away that were not issues...since I have had to take my battery out numerous times since friday to get the thing to respond... it sounds like I have to factory reset it yet again.

Have you ever used a launcher besides the stock one?

The shutter sound will not be able to be silenced, it is a requirement that it make a sound on all phones on Sprint (or so I was told...and it makes sense since there are laws about it in some places or about to be).

Journeyman

@coasterphotos- No I have not. I am not exactly literate on the phone frontier. Are you suggesting that i should?

DEERONPATH wrote:

@coasterphotos- No I have not. I am not exactly literate on the phone frontier. Are you suggesting that i should?

No, I was just asking because all the "home" button does is launch the launcher so thought maybe something got corrupted somewhere.

All the issues you have shouldn't be related to any update because I haven't seen anyone else saying they are having issues on any of the forums I read. Either you need to do a factory reset again (and don't install ANY apps until you know your lock and home button are working) or it is a hardware issue with the phone. There are apps out there that can cause issues and if you immediately reinstall everything, you will never know if it is the phone hardware/software causing problems or an app you have installed.

To reset the launcher you can try this. Go to settings, applications, manage applications, all. Find TWlauncher in the list and select it and then select the "clear defaults" option. Now if you press the home button it should ask which application to use and you would select TWlauncher and select the box to always use it. If that still doesn't work then I'd guess something is wrong in hardware.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat