cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest System Update! Buggy

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yesterday I received a pop up saying there was a new "system update" available. i downloaded it and now whenever I receive an incoming call and try to answer it I get an error message that reads "the program Android.Phone has stopped working" The call ends and the signal sound beeps. Sprint said i have to do a Hard reset but this would be the 3rd time i will have to do this... Everytime there is a "update" it causes more problems. has anyone else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

The issue you're experiencing is unfortunately a software bug related to the latest update, we are aware of it and addressing it... I'll quote one of our Admins for the temporary fix on it below...

dshoem01 wrote:

Our device team and Samsung have identified a scenario with "reject call with message" that will cause this force close issue.  If you have more than 5 “reject call with message” messages set up, you may have the force close issue.  A “reject call with message” message is the message that you can send via text when you choose to reject an inbound phone call.  The default number of messages is 5; if there are more than 5 custom messsages the force close condition will occur.   

This issue will be fixed in the next software update.  As a temporary fix, delete the messages from the “reject call with message” message list. 

To do this, go to Menu > Settings > Call settings > Reject with message.  You will see the complete list of available messages and you need to ensure it contains no more than 5 entries.  If the list contains more than 5, choose the menu key and select “delete”.  You should see a select option box next to each message. Check the box next to the message that should be removed and select 'delete' one last time.

Journeyman

Same issue on my wife's phone, which she did the update a few days ago, whereas my phone had no issue with the update yesterday.  I've been struggling with trying to fix her phone.  Haven't tried cold reset yet for the following reasons:

1) How to do a cold reset?

2) what should I expect after reset (i.e. what will need to be recovered)? 

Journeyman

Thanks, that fixed the issue on my wife's phone.  This bug should be BROADCASTED. I was looking at blogs about doing cold resets and doing a complete re-install. 

Found out after fixing it, my wife remembered playing with  "reject call with message" recently, LOL.  I was beginning to believe her phone picked up a virus.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat