cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of EPIC 2.2 problems

Journeyman

On My phone It told me I already had the latest firmware installed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

6 months it took to develope this garbage, wow. we were all reassured by the sprint and samsung people that we would get a stable and reliable update, this was their excuse for taking so long to release it but instead they lied and release this joke of an update. its a huge slap in the face to all the people that waited patiently and had faith in both companies, its almost humiliating. Anyone who had installed the leaked DK18 froyo version knows that not much has really improved from the leaked to "official" version. All the errors and problems that people have listed in this forum were there in the DK18 leaked version. I think we should all get compensated one way or another for being mislead.

Journeyman

...hmmm....my phone works better than ever...glad I did not root my phone...just waited for the update...too much money too play with roots, roms and all that other crap...too many amateur programmers had everybody thinking they knew what they were doing...lol....probably iphone "moles" who infiltrated the forum...lolololololol.....

Journeyman

doesnt matter if you downloaded any custom roms for the phone. i updated to eb13 thru samsungs web site which completely wipes the phone including any custom roms then installs a clean version of Froyo. Maybe you havent noticed the errors yet but they are there.

Journeyman

....there is your problem...dealing with that Samsung website....I got the OTR update direct from Sprint, at 3am on Feb. 22nd...just pushed a button as instructed...waited about 8 minutes and "phooofff"....like a new born baby...baterry life is great..no problems at all...did what an upgrade is supposed to do..."UPGRADE"....LIFE IS GOOD.

Journeyman

...besides...everyone who has bought anything worth anything knows that the manufactuer can VOID your warranty if you make any unauthorized changes in the product if it did not come with it....alas ...I was a young lad once long ago (over 50 now), and I would buy a car and I would modify anything on that car I could...lol....so in short young lads and lassies...on your next phone purchase...just leave it alone...or build your own phone...a helluva lot of less stress.

Patron

There are plenty of people who never messed with their phone, accepted the OTA update from Sprint, and are experiencing problems, some major. Sprint wouldn't have pulled the update if it was only affecting those who had Rooted and ROM'd their phones. And about the OTW update, Sprint itself, has stated that as an approved alternative to receive the update. Be happy that you aren't one of the people experiencing problems.

Journeyman

My download was from Sprint also and I am experiencing a ton of crazy problems!!  I'm not a tech person so I didn't have anything strange on my phone other than some apps.  I'm being patient and just hoping that posting problems will help SOMEONE figure out how to fix them!

Journeyman

Thank you very much...but I was refering to the folks who admitted they had went to "third parties" to upgrade or modify their phone. I have been reading these post for quite awhile and have seen the "junk' being pushed. I too was pissed off at the long delay in the upgrade, but was not going deal with "third parties....as far as people never messing with their phone that can only be proven by turning your phone in....my guess is that if Sprint sold lets say 3 million phones, and 1 million Rooted or Rom'd  their phones, thats a lot of angry folks if the update did not work for them. That is the dark side of the Android phone, it is open for anyone to open shop, write code and programs, list a new website as Droid Nerds, or Android West, FantaDroid...then put out Root instructions, Roms, etc...and what you have now is pure  ANARCHY...so hey if I was Sprint I would step back too...but my guess is there are a lot of Rooted and Rom'd phones out there who are now contaminated and like the old saying goes "there is always a fly in the ointment".....lol

Journeyman

Re: List of EPIC 2.2 problems

Android is all about customization and modifying,and who ever said adding things to your car would void your warranty? ever heard of the SCION brand? ever heard of T.R.D.? anyway none of us here are building rims from foil and pepsi cans for our model T's in our basements we're talking about our phones. call samsung and ask about the "warranty" you have, its useless and requires you to mail your phone to them for repairs. the whole process takes two weeks, if you have insurance and go thru that you'll get a refurbished phone with your current problems plus many more. Sprint pulled the OTA updat because everyone was complaining, i believe the ones that dont complain are the one that dont notice the issues we all see. Samsung needs more experienced programmers. bottom line.

P.S DK18 was not a custom rom, it was a leak of what was suppost to be officail version but was slapped back onto the drawing board so they could rename it EB13 and release it to us.

Journeyman

Re: List of EPIC 2.2 problems

Ever heard of PORSCHE....if I put custom rims, modify the computer chip, a non-Porsche transmission in my car....Porsche will not honor any challenges to the warranty esecially if you crash...and there are a lot of magazines and automotive communities hyping such mods out there....the software mods I was referring to were numerous...just backtrack some of the post in this site. The point here is people should be patient. The 2.1 eclair was working fine, just everyone wanted what was NEXT and they want it NOW....to the point that they were listening to every Tom, Dick and Harry who had the scoop or LEAK...I am sure that people will be more careful when the "gingerbread" leak comes out...if you buy a product with a "contract", deal with the owner of the contract which in this case is Sprint, not Samsung, and not the Android websites...modification to a product should be left to the skilled, who know how to "backup" should the Sprint make changes (one dominio) to the update which may ruin a phone that had a "third party" leaked update missing that one little domino...over the past thirty years over prchasing over a million dollars in products I have learned that trying to be FIRST in obtaining a product or software is usually more expensive...remember the "betamax" in the 80's...being a guinea pic can be expensive and frustrating. 

Journeyman

My issue is with the hot spot.  Since the update, my Internet goes on and off all day.  I keep getting the notification that I am now connected, and I never disconnected.  I don't know if this is related to the update, but it doesn't matter if I use IE or Firefox, all websites I try to enter, including Google.com, say "server not found" and I have to click "try again" 5 - 15 times to get into that page. :-(

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat