Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of EPIC 2.2 problems

Highlighted
Wizard

Oh! Yes, it seems they changed that setting so that they are always geo-tagged if gps is turned on.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: List of EPIC 2.2 problems

From what I can tell, if you allow the phone to use wireless networks to determine your location, the camera will geotag photos even if the GPS is off.  I think geotaggin only stops if you turn off both networks and GPS for location.  They really need to put back the geotagging toggle option in the camera.  I don't know why someone thought it would be a good idea to remove it.  Not everyone wants geotagged photos.

On another topic, I seem to be having issues with app icons displaying now.  About two days ago, I ran into some problems that I couldn't figure out and decided to do a hard reset to hopefully clear them.  Since then, I've noticed that not all app icons load as quickly as they used, and some appear to be staying off (showing the default green android in a white box with "Android" text at the top) for a very long time, if they come back at all.  I really don't know what's causing this, but I hope it gets fixed, too.

Also, I've seen an issue with apps missing from the market after updating to Froyo and doing the hard reset.  I think I read that this usually resolves itself given some time, and if not, Google is working on a fix.  So hopefully this issue will go away soon, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edit:  I don't think this is just a Froyo thing, but is there any way to set the color used for accounts in the stock Email app?  I can't find a setting for it, but deleting and re-adding the account seems to change its color.  Is it random, is there a pattern, or what?  I'd really prefer a way to select the color though, and hope they consider putting that in as an option.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We have 3 Epics but my husband was the only one to get the update.

The Buddies Widget disappeared. All his muscic got resorted and he hates the order.

The text messages are cartoony balloons and he HATES that.

Having a horrible time connecting to YTube now. Keep getting network errors.

The Weatherbug location changed to a town nearly 30 miles away and could not edit my location.

I am sure there are other issues we have not yet discovered but husband wants his old phone back!!!

Is there any way to go back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the OTA and then reflashed with the OTW and still have the same problems

Cant delete emails (girlfriends epic will not delete either ota update)

some webpages any links/buttons on them automatically expand the page to full size and bring up the software keyboard cutting the screen in half- only way to close it is to open and close the slide out - and even with the slideout open page maximizes still any time the page is touched  making browsing extremely cumbersome  (stock browser and dolphin both do this)

browser will not default back to the home page with out manually killing the app and service or manually closing the last page i was on inside of it

hangs when going from landscape to portrait (even after calibrating)

Camera geotag disable option missing

anytime i delete an app it leaves a blank space so i have to do an a-z re-sort

there are some pros - gps actually seems to work alot better and some apps do run quicker  -  not sure it was worth the 5 1/2 month wait for the update though

Highlighted
Journeyman

jmusec wrote:

Here's a fix for the delay from portrait to landscpe.  Go to settings<display<horizontal calibration BUT when you do the calibration, do it with the phone face down.  I used an inside corner of my kitchen counters. I'm not sure why this worked but it did!! One problem marked of the long list of bugs!!

Tried this already and it appeared to help for a very short time.    The problem is just as bad today, several days after calibrating using that face down method.   This appears to be an issue related to 2.2 update though, because it did not happen in 2.1.   I had the same issue when I updated to 2.2 via the DK28 leak a few months ago.    My next effort would be to revert back to factory EB13, and add apps slowly and see if there is not something in one of my apps causing it.    This same issue is on the Galaxy S without the keyboard, i.e. like the model TMobile sells.    At one point people were saying it was an issue with the User Interface (TouchWiz), but these two phones use different versions of TouchWiz.

Highlighted
Journeyman

zoramac wrote:

Got the OTA and then reflashed with the OTW and still have the same problems

Cant delete emails (girlfriends epic will not delete either ota update)

After using the 'included' pop/smtp email app on Sprint/Samsung since before 2.2 and getting really frustrated with its bugs, I moved to K9 email.    Not a single problem/complaint with K9 in many many months of use.   HTH

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the update and the only issues I have had is my Internet force closes A LOT. My phone seems to be running a little slower then normal but I have 6 pages of apps so I don't expect it to run super fast. I did have issues with my camera and my video when I first got the update, none of my previouse recorded videos or pictures would load but I reset my phone and they worked fine after that. I was having issues with my youtube before the update and now videos all load just fine. I also have been having issues with swype no matter how many times I fix it, it will still choose the wrong words (maybe because its slow) and I currently use the pswd protection (connect the dots) and sometimes it wont let me connect more then 2 dots (I connect 7) so I have to push the power button to turn off the screen and then back on and it will let me do the correct pswd.

Journeyman

Since the OTA update last week, I can no longer send/receive texts/calls on a consistent basis!

It seems as if the basic functions of the phone no longer work, although everything else seems to be OK

I LOVED my Epic before last week's OTA update; now I want to throw it out the nearest window.

I was told today by Sprint Technicians that I have to wait for the 2.2 "update" to fix all the bugs that exist with this version of Android.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but I haven't been able to do a successfull PRL or profile update.  As far as I can tell I have lastest PRL, 60675.  My theory is that EB13 doesn't return a success code when it doesn't need to update.  Anyone else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

BayArea_510 wrote:

I also have been having issues with swype no matter how many times I fix it, it will still choose the wrong words (maybe because its slow)

Swype on 2.2 seems buggy, yep.   As a popular alternative try an app called SlideIT soft keyboard (free in the market).    You might find it works better than the 2.2 version of swype.  I have heard from others it really works well.  HTH.

Highlighted
Journeyman

• 1) Camera force closes before it opens and doesn't give me time to even read the error message that it displays for half a second.
  • 2) Trying to create a new Alarm in the Clock causes Force Close.
  • 3) 70% of the time I receive a call, it doesn’t come through. Instead I get this message, “The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.” Force Close
  • 4) Cannot change my sounds. When I try, it doesn’t even Force Close, it just crashes the damn phone.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Updated manually via Samsung Website.

Besides losing all my contacts etc (luckily had mostly backed up version) I have the following issue's:

My Wi-Fi doesn't seem to work at all now.  I have a home network that it use to work fine with, not it disconnects as soon as it connects.  THIS is bad, as downloading all my apps again etc are taking forever on the slower 3G.

3G speeds seem a bit slower

Orientation from portrait to landscape was WAY over sensetive.  Just did the upside down calibration...seems better.  I'll keep playing with that.

The predictive text is worthless now.  It gives no suggestions.

Some apps are behaving differently.  One that bugs me is Advanced task killer.  Before you just tapped the button for it and it killed apps and gave you a small message that said how many apps and memory available.  Now, it takes me to the app list and you have to hit another button to kill the apps.  Not a big deal, just annoying.

My next phone won't be a samsung.  I love the phone and was pretty happy with it using 2.1.  GPS was the only big issue I had.  Now, the overall experience is worse.  Next phone will be an HTC.  Luckily I get yearly upgrades as a premiere member.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat