cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of EPIC 2.2 problems

Journeyman

I'm supposed to be getting an Epic tomorrow and all the news on this forum has me more than a little worried. I'm hoping with a new handset the problems won't be as bad, but we'll have to see.

Journeyman

Re: List of EPIC 2.2 problems

Yup, I am familiar with locking the camera with the power button. It shows a padlock when depressed while the camera is up. My problem goes beyond that, since the phone stop responding (dead).

I don't know how many people noticed but video quality is way to bad when compared to the performance with eclair. Is the scene is semi-dark (between dawn and dark) without artificial light the camera behaves very sluggish. Recordings seems delayed and the image is dizzy. I hope tis get fixed, honestly I am disapointed with the quality of software delivered by both the manufacturer and carrier.

As soon the contract is over, if there is no other option on sprint outside from samsung and htc I will be heading for the apple and a huge monthly bill from attmobile.

Journeyman

RTURNER0809 wrote:

I'm supposed to be getting an Epic tomorrow and all the news on this forum has me more than a little worried. I'm hoping with a new handset the problems won't be as bad, but we'll have to see.

If the phone is not updated already, make sure you read and follow all the instructions before doing so. That will prevent you from forthcoming headaches.

Let us know how it goes.

Journeyman

To fix most if not all your issues on the EPIC after the update, backup your SD card then format it.  If problems persist then factory reset. 

KOJAK2K8-

I've typically avoided this route because I've never found a good step-by-step guide to doing this.  I know I'd need to drag-and-drop the contents of the SD card to my computer to clear that, but I'm not sure how to use the phone to reformat the SD card.  And I'm pretty confident I could restore my Exchange and Gmail contacts/calendar/mail, and I know I can reload things from the SPRINT store, but I'm not sure what else I'd lose...

Journeyman

After the upgrade the volume level has dropped.  reading thru I saw no one with this issue so Im guessing something is just wrong with my phone.  I have had Samsung phones for years now and never had issues, now I am kicking myself in the b u t t for getting this Epic!  Its an Epic fail!

Wizard

See this thread under Phone rings through earpiece:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/65495

Highlighted
Journeyman

robbiedoo2001 wrote:

RTURNER0809 wrote:

If the phone is not updated already, make sure you read and follow all the instructions before doing so. That will prevent you from forthcoming headaches.

Let us know how it goes.

I've had the new Epic up for a few hours now. It updated from EB13 when I went looking for the update and so far can't find any problems to report.  I'm upgrading from a HERO so right now I'm just thouroughly enjoying this thing, Much nicer!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat