cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock screen background question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lock screen background question

Is it possible to have a seperate background for the lock screen?  I can't seem to find an option to change it.  I've tried selecting a photo and choosing set as, but it only gives me the option for background or icon.  If I go into the Sounds & Displays setting, there is no option for setting backgrounds.  I can't understand why this wouldn't be an option.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Look for an app called "widget locker" in the market.  Highly customizable for alternate wallpapers.

Also, the only problem right now is the lack of support for HTC widgets on the lockscreen.  BUT...try "SMS Unread Count."  It has custom widgets for dialer (missed calls) Gmail and the real Android messaging smiley face widget.  Put these on your lockscreen along with the voicemail widget and you should be able to see if you have missed anything that your unreliable LED won't stay on to show you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you talking about the WidgetLocker Lockscreen?  That's the only app I can find with that name.

Message was edited by: cyco23

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep.  Remember, any app you buy from the Market, you have 24 hours to uninstall for a refund.

Give it a shot.  It works quite well on the Evo

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.  I had tried Lock 2.0, but it was a pretty worthless app, so hopefully this will work better.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat