cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love my Epic, But...........

Highlighted
Journeyman

Love my Epic, But...........

I am loving my Samsung Epic, but I have a few problems with it and was hoping to see if others were having the same or any of these issues.

1) My Epic shuts its self down 1-3 times a day for no reason. I can finish a phone call or text message and then all of a sudden my screen goes dark and it resets itself.

2) I have to take the battery out of my Epic or restart it with the power button several times a day in order to get my phone to work. It's the only way that I can get my phone to recognize or open any application. I can hit the "Phone", "Contacts" or any other button and the I will get some type of force close button. After I get this message, I power cycle my phone and it works fine.

3) Been times where NO names are with my contacts, just numbers. Once I restart my phone, it works again.

4) Having the GPS problem like everyone else

5) Every now and then, my phone will change all of my personal ringtones that I have set up for my contacts and make all of my contacts have the default ringtone.

Overall I LOVE my Epic, but having to power cycle my phone SEVERAL times a day has started to get really annoying. I worry that I might have an emergency someday and when I go to use my phone, that I will have to power cycle it first and lose precious time.

Any feed back, pointers or tips are appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Love my Epic, But...........

For what it's worth, I was having pretty much all of these same problems, but they went away after I went back to the store and insisted on an exchange. I think there might be a bad batch of hardware out there.  See my thread about my issues:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/209498

Journeyman

I agree I think there is a bad batch cuz i had the same problem exchanged it and my new epic works great.

But, does anyone know how to receive instant email notifications? My old phone would notify me whenever i received an email, I went into the settings for the email on this phone and set it to check email every 5 minutes but it doesn't notify me of new messages.

I brought it to the Sprint store and the tech took my phone and basically adjusted the volume setting from vibrate to ring and claims he solved the problem.... I was like that didn't solve any problem and I had my phone on vibrate on purpose... Thanks for nothing lol.

Anyone have any clue how to receive instant notifications for email alerts?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sounds like you have a loose battery or a hardware problem.

I have not seen this on any of the in house Epics.  I'd suggest taking that to a Sprint Service and Repair center -- you can find them at http://storelocator.sprint.com/

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat