Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Problems with Gingerbread Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I felt lucky to be one of the 3% of people who gets access to the Gingerbread update within hours of its launch on the Epic 4g.

...For like 3 minutes.

After the phone finished updating, it started to constantly reboot. It continued to do that for 2 hours before I went to the Sprint Store and they were forced to do a factory reset. Not only did I lose all my phone data, I have to now find a way to get anything off my sd card and back onto my app screen. On top of it all, now my phone constantly reads 'USB connected' on the top notification bar, unless there is something actually connected and it stops.

I don't want to drive 45 miles to get my phone put back on the last Froyo OS, but this is ridiculous.

As a word of warning to everyone:

Only update if you are feeling lucky. I know there are people out there that have gotten the update successfully, but I was one that did not. I hope that Samsung resolves this USB port issue soon, because it is incredibly annoying.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

On a related note: my sd card is completely wiped. This literally makes me want to cry.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat