cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung Epic Speech Synthesizer has stopped working

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Samsung Epic Speech Synthesizer has stopped working

My device has gone thru no recent updates or changes of any kind, but the speech synthesizer has stopped working and is currently translating jibberish.  I've cleared the Speech Synth app data, and re-tested...no go.  I then removed and reloaded the Speech Synth app, getting the app from the market, restarted the device and re-tested...still a no go.  I am currently using Go SMS as my text app, however I have tried the stock message app and get the same jibberish results.  Any help would be much appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: My Samsung Epic Speech Synthesizer has stopped working

davem0524, Due to it being a 3rd party application you downloaded off the market we have no way to guarantee it will work.What application are you using?

Journeyman

I agree, however I mentioned previously that I tried the stock message app and get the same results.  I agree that I can't relate this issue to the 3rd party messenger, but since it's happening on the stock messenger, I think something else is askew.

davem0524, Are you speaking of speech to text? you press the microphone icon and speak and it translates it to text?

Journeyman

Yes, the microphone that you speak into, whatever app is use google, text, search...etc..gives jibberish...

davem0524, Have you changed your phone case by chance? Also have you used you phone on speaker phone? If not make a call put it on speaker phone and confirm that the person on the other line can hear you clearly to eliminate a microphone issue.

Journeyman

Great questions, but no I haven't changed my case, and yes I did test the mic out on speaker phone and it seems to work fine.  Honestly I didn't think about the mic potential until you just brought it up!  The speaker test worked good and the other person could hear me quite well.

davem0524, Since the microphone seems to be working ok it seems like it is a software issue. I would suggest visiting a local service and repair store (www.sprint.com/storelocator) so it can be looked at.

Journeyman

ok, will do...thanks for help...I do appreciate it!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat