cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO UPDATE YET!!

Journeyman

NO UPDATE YET!!

I have been receiving a Sprint message off/on for the past week saying that "It's time to update my software" and still there is nothing! This is really upsetting! When it's time for me to upgrade to a new phone come January/Feb I am definitely going back to HTC! Not only do they get their updates in a timely manner but they will also be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012!

6 REPLIES 6

NO UPDATE YET!!

If you read the message it says the update has started and you should have the update in the next 2 weeks. It has been 1 week since the update started.

Journeyman

NO UPDATE YET!!

No really? I know this but I am still allowed to get frustrated aren't I or is that not allowed anymore either? Not to mention that Samsung is way behind HTC anyway! BTW...no sooner did I post this my phone did update, so the phone gods must have been listening! Hahahahaha!

Journeyman

NO UPDATE YET!!

We have lines w/ 3 Epics here and the last one we got already received it and it is working fine.  Mine and my husbands' are still receiving the Sprint Zone message and no update.   

Re: NO UPDATE YET!!

You can be frustrated if you want...but this isn't really an update to be frustrated over. There aren't many changes between Froyo and Gingerbread. Most of the changes are some performance improvements and bug fixes. The update from Froyo to Gingerbread would be comparable to going from Windows 7 to Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

As far as HTC being ahead, they may be, but nearly 1/2 of the phones out there still run Froyo. Also, HTC had a major security flaw in Gingerbread they just had to issue an update for.

http://www.gsmarena.com/android_distribution_in_october_gingerbread_takes_the_lead-news-3349.php

Journeyman

NO UPDATE YET!!

I share your frustrations with the Epic, Princess 666.  Just serving out my (contract) time and then:  ZOOM  straight back to HTC!

Highlighted
Journeyman

NO UPDATE YET!!

Haven't received a message about any update nor have I updated the phone at all, still the same as it was when I bought it.  But now the battery is draining for absolutely no reason, no wifi, no gps, nothing... Battery barely makes it 8 hours without using it for anything, sitting at my desk at work dying. Not even 8 months old, can a battery die that quickly? 

Very disappointed in the performance of this phone, seems to get worse each month as Sprint removes apps and services that came with the phone.  Feel like I got suckered in by the unlimited data and left with a piece of trash phone that wont make it to the halfway point of my contract. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat