cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Location and GPS with the Epic 4G - I gotta know...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Network Location and GPS with the Epic 4G - I gotta know...

USING WIRELESS NETWORKS for location based apps does not work with my Epic... If i turn OFF GPS and attempt to use any location based app:

Weather services, Yelp, Where, Maps etc the device WILL NOT pick up my location based on network locators (i.s. network towers etc)

Has anyone else tried this?

is this just an issue i am having or is it across the board..

This also, i believe, is the basis to the reason my GPS takes so long to lock - where as whena device can use network location for a general area it allows GPS to lock that much faster..

WHAT if anything can i do about this???

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: Network Location and GPS with the Epic 4G - I gotta know...

My experience has been that if I have Wireless Networks and GPS Satellites checked and run Google Maps, I get a location with an accuracy anywhere from 1900-2300 meters. If I turn off Wireless Networks and I have a clear view of the sky and then run Google Maps, generally my location will be more accurate. I've occassionally received an error message that states 'your location is temporarily unavailable.' I can't get any location based apps to work correctly right now.

This seems to be a problem with most of the Epic phones.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat