Did you mean: 

No Auto-Correct on Physical Keyboard

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Auto-Correct on Physical Keyboard

Auto-replace

Auto-cap

Auto-punctuate

are all checked in Settings->Language & Keyboard->Device Keyboard.  Auto-replace does not work at all!!!  Auto-punctuate works sometimes in some apps.  Auto-cap seems to work.

Most importantly, I would like to know how to get the Auto-replace to work.  What good is the physical keyboard if that doesn't work?

Does anyone out there know how to get the Auto-replace and Auto-punctuate to work?

Thanks,

G.

Message was edited by: gbrement

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: No Auto-Correct on Physical Keyboard

Had the problem like this last month, but I don't know if my solution will work for you.  You can only have one auto-correct on at a time.  You can't have auto-correct on for the swype feature or the touch screen keyboard at the same time as the physical keyboard.  You have to unselect the option for either one of the others first and then it should be on for the one you want it on for.  It's just dumb, but considering how poorly thought out Samsung developed the little things for the phone, it's not that surprising.

Hope that helped.

Journeyman

Re: No Auto-Correct on Physical Keyboard

Nope didn't work.  I took all settings off swype and android keyboard and deselected them altogether.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat