cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound for notifications

Highlighted
Journeyman

I upgraded my phone yesterday without any problems. No apps seem to be missing and nothing is out of place. However, I didn't change anything manually with the sounds on my phone, yet there is no sound for notifications (texts, email, etc.). The phone will only vibrate. I have checked the settings many times and everything seems to be set up correctly, just no sound. Any help with this????

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Hi,

I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20111116:STORELOCATOR.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

Come on... REALLY?

If there is a way for them to do it, there is a way for us to do it.

Please save us alot of hassle and post instructions!

Thanks, Jake

Journeyman

I had the same thing happen. What I did was set everything to something different, saved it and then went back and changed it to what I wanted it to be.  Also check the Sound/Vibrate setting in your notification bar.

Anybody else have the issue of the in-call volume being way to loud and can't turn it down?

Re: No sound for notifications

I would suggest you turn your phone off, remove the battery for a full minute and retry. If that doesnt work a hard reset may be in the picture.

SAMSUNG EPIC

a.  REMOVE AND RE-INSERT THE BATTERY

b.  PRESS THE POWER, CAMERA  AND VOLUME DOWN KEY UNTIL BOOT SCREEN APPEARS

c.  ONCE SCREEN APPEARS SCROLL DOWN USING VOLUME KEYS AND SELECT FACTORY WIPE BY PRESSING THE HOME KEY

d.  PRESS VOLUME TO CONFIRM AND VOLUME DOWN TO CANCEL

This reset will erase all information from your device.Make sure all your contacts are backed up before resetting your device.

Ray

Journeyman

Re: No sound for notifications

I fixed mine... Took the battery out for a couple of minutes and the text message sound returned...

Then fished around in the gmail settings...

MENU > More > Settings > xxxx@gmail.com > Email notifications checked > labels to notify > inbox

THATS DEEP MENUS!

I found that with the gingerbread update the notification  ringtone was set to "silent", so i picked one and it works now.

Journeyman

Mine is still not working. I'm about to wipe the thing clear and start from scratch!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat