cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Recieving Yahoo E-mail Samsung Galaxy S II

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am no longer able to receive e-mails from the e-mail application that came with the Samsung Galaxy S II. I've tried deleting the yahoo account and adding it back, but it only hangs up when I try to get new messages. However, it is able to send messages from the account.

Also, I am able to receive messages from my Microsoft Exchange account.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

You might try loading the yahoo mail  app from the market  Yahoo is some times particular about settings 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The weird thing is that it has worked since I got the phone (almost 2 months ago). It just stopped working last night. I did download the yahoo mail app, but I don't like that the indicator light doesn't blink when I have a new e-mail.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Not Recieving Yahoo E-mail Samsung Galaxy S II

When you previously set-up your Yahoo mail on the Epic's default email client, did you set it up manually as an IMAP email? If not I would recommend you do. First you want to go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync and make sure you have removed all Yahoo related account stuff here. While you are in the Settings menu go to Applications > Manage applications > Downloaded find your Yahoo app and Uninstall. I also encourge you to remove all Yahoo related email accounts from within the stock email app. After restarting try using the configuration settings found on Yahoo.com to set-up your Yahoo email (look under the IMAP tab a little more than half way down the page).

Yahoo! Mail for Android - http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail/android

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are the correct settings depending on what type of Yahoo account you have: There are two sets of settings for Yahoo email. The first assumes that you are allowed POP3 access on the FREE accounts. Many of us have to use the PAID Yahoo Mail Plus accounts in order to access POP3 facilities, in which case the second set of settings would apply.

1) Yahoo! Mail Settings (if allowed)

Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 110)

Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 25)

2) Yahoo! Mail Plus email server settings

Yahoo Plus Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

Yahoo Plus Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465, use authentication)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks. The POP3 settings work. They download all e-mail to my inbox. Unfortunately I do not have access to any folders, but it is better than nothing! I've tried everything to get the IMAP settings to work but I have not been successful. It's so weird that everything stopped working out of the blue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a somewhat related issue with my Epic 4G Touch. In my case though, my Yahoo email updates fine, it is my two gmail accounts that quit updating. What setting should I use?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Not Recieving Yahoo E-mail Samsung Galaxy S II

BinDenver I would suggest you to switch to K9 mail for IMAP mail -- it's much more robust than the stock email client and available for download free from the Market.

K9 Mail features:

* Send and Receive

* Configure to IMAP, POP3, and WebDAV (Exchange) email protocols

* Set Android Notifications, sounds and vibrate alerts

* Delete email on the server works (A huge gripe with users of the default email client, when you specify to delete on the server… it doen’t, meaning double work when you do get back to desktop)

* Signatures

* Multi-folder Synchronization

* Opening and Saving attachments

* Email Sorting

* Frequency check settings

* Keyboard shortcuts

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into K9, but I really don't want to app creep to do something Android should already be doing just fine itself. Another thing I notice when the emails don't update, even clicking on that account forcing a refresh doesn't do anything, it just sits refreshing.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat