Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not updating Android to Froyo as promised 2 days ago

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not updating Android to Froyo as promised 2 days ago

Supposedly, the update for the Samsung Epic 4G went out two days ago (3/21/2011) but as of yet, my phone has not updated or even suggested that I do so.  This would not be a problem if I could do so manually.  I have tried, using Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Update Android.  It seems like this action doesn't even check anywhere to find an update.  It immediately returns the message "Your system is currently up to date."

Must I take this in to a Sprint shop to fix this issue, or is it time to root this device and do it all myself?

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am still waiting for the update too. A friend of mine received his but me, my husband and a few of my other friends have not received it. I really hope I get it tonight because the last update totally messed up my phone. so I am hoping this one will help with the issues. I dont get how I received the first update on the first night and now I am recieving this one hopefully on the last day? Kinda blows.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried to check the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still NOTHING!!! WTH!!!! I have the EB13 also. Having the same errors..and my phone has been messin up the last few days! C'mon Sprint!!!! I am and have been a loyal customer for YEARS!!!! How much more do I have to put up with???

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://pulse.yahoo.com/vegetarianwino

february 11 posting for your froyo update

Highlighted
Journeyman

it is now Friday 3/25 -- have yet to recive the update that was said to be completed by the 24th.. I have just manulaly attemted updating using all 4 buttons and they all claim I am using the most recent version...I am on the super buggy  EB13 ....

Highlighted
Wizard

Same here -- also on the buggy EB13 build and *still* waiting for an update, the day after the rollout was supposed to be over.  Nothing I've tried to trigger it seems to work either.  We need help, Sprint!  Please help us get this update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep, I'm on the EB13 and I have tried everything to trigger an update.  Still nothing!?!  And its past the supposed March 24th 23:49CST deadline!

Highlighted
Journeyman

same here...EB13, still w8ting for EC05; this explains how good sprint service is 😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am still waiting as well. I posted new discussion earlier and got a response that I could take my phone down to a sprint repair center. So I guess that is what I will be doing today if it does not happen sometime before work ends. Not to happy since the last update messed up my phone and I think if they messed it up, you would think they would have fixed the bugged phones in the first set up new releases. So now I eaither can wait and deal more with this buggy phone or drive to the nearest repair center (20min away) where I will probably have to wait for an hour for them to help me, if they even can.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't believe that so many people are having a problem putting Froyo on their phone. I've been using Froyo since February. The new update makes the phone much faster. Don't forget to save contacts to sd card before wiping the memory and installing Froyo. I can now watch C-SPAN on my phone because I have the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

DK28 after Froyo update. Just follow the instructions on how to manually install Froyo. The phone is much quicker and the battery life is somehow better. I still carry a cord with me in my pocket but I don't need to plug my Epic in as often as when I had Eclair on the phone. Considering that the HTC Evo was released prior to the Samsung Epic, you'd have thought that Samsung would have pre-installed Froyo first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm on EB13 and still haven't gotten the latest update. I did get a  message late last night, just before midnight, about it, but still  hasn't come along. I'm in CST.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat