cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Light Does Not Work - No Txt Messaging Forward Option

Highlighted
Journeyman

Notification Light Does Not Work - No Txt Messaging Forward Option

Phone works great.... except the notification light never worked, neither did the solution the tech support people offered.

Also there is no option to forward a text message to someone else.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Notification Light Does Not Work - No Txt Messaging Forward Option

Hello,

If press the Menu button from the Home screen then Settings then Sound & Display there is a option called Pulse notification light that should be checked, but you said that you talked to tech support and I'm sure they had you do that.  If it still doesn't work then maybe you have a defective phone??

As for the forwarding of text messages goes, if you long press (press and hold) on the message that you want to forward a pop up menu is displayed and there is a forward option there.

Thanks,

Joe

Message was edited by: TKDJOE1 - Found the Pulse notification light option on Sound & Display

Journeyman

Ha, Thanks man! Def didnt know where the forwarding button was....

And yea, i selected the notification light option in the settings.... still nothing.

Journeyman

mr hunte.

it seems like the notification light is not working for alot of people..including myself.

(check on androidforums.com)..quite a few people are complaining about it.

mine blinks 5 or 6 times after getting a txt/email/missed call...then nothing.

i hope a fix is coming soon. its a small but VERY useful feature.

Journeyman

Thanks for clearing up the text messaging forwarding issue. Neither the Sprint store nor the manual were aware of the ability to forward text messages!

Journeyman

I am seeing exactly the same problem.  The light blinks a few times, then goes dead.  Has anyone had any success getting this fixed (software update, or by replacing the phone).    IMO, this is not a trivial function.  Having a dark phone sitting around with no clue if a text or voice mail has arrived is a MAJOR issue.

Journeyman

Add me to the list of the light not working.

Journeyman

Add me to the list of notification light not working on my Samsung Epic

Journeyman

With respect to this problem, has anyone had any positive experience with Sprint addressing the problem, or even providing any information on the issue?  Nothing seems forthcoming on this forum.  My next step will be to visit a Sprint store, see if I can learn anything.

Journeyman

I took my phone to a Sprint store and they replaced it free of charge. ( I do have insurance on it as well)

I had originally purchased my Epic at a Radioshack, so I had to wait a few days for my new one to be delivered to the Sprint store. I'm pretty sure that if you purchased your phone online or at a Sprint store, you can get a new one that same day.

Also, make sure any phone protection covers you put on do not cover the area where the notification light is displayed. Try taking your phone cover off, and then testing to see if the light works, sounds stupid, but you'd be surprised.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat