Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2010 and MicroSoft Exchange on Comcast Commercial Account

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have followed the directions to sync. by Samsung Epic with my Outlook contacts, email, calendar, tasks, etc. by connecting to the Microsoft Exchange account at my Comcast Commercial account.

I was unsuccessful.  I get the message that there is a security log-in problem when I follow the instructions.  The instructions mention ONLY Outlook 2007, not 2010.  Perhaps the Samsung Epic phone doesn't work with Outlook 2010 or are the security protocols at Comcast the problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

I am sorry that you are having a problem getting you information from the Comcast exchange server. The message about security problems could be with the log in you are using or with the SSL or encryption being on or off.   Have you contacted Comcast to confirm all the settings you should be using setting up the account.   You need email address, User Name, domain, and the encryption on or off. Also for the encryption do the use a special certificate. Once the information is correct try resetting up the account.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, thanks. . .   I didn't consider the encryption issue.  I will try that and if that doesn't work, call Comcast.

Highlighted
Journeyman

14KNIGHT:  Apparently, then, the issue wouldn't be that I have 2010 Outlook?

Highlighted
Master

The outlook version on your personal computer has nothing to do with how the exchange server at Comcast interfaces with you device. The software in question would be which version of Microsoft exchange Comcast is using. Unless they are using something completely out of date this should not be a factor either.   The way the software on the server is configured would be

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have an extra security question in your login then you won't be able to set it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Extra security question?

When I log into my Comcast microsoft exchange account through Outlook or the WWW, I use just one password.

I don't know of any additional security question.

Does anyone have experience trying to log into a Comcast Exchange account from their Samsung Epic Android?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally contacted my comcast account as follows:

/email@comcast.net

PassWord

mail.hmc1.comcast.net

However, now when I try to use the account I get the following:

"to use account update security settings"

Where?  What settings? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, finally pulled down the notifications and there was a bunch of security changes to approve!

However, now, synch is on but nothing is happening!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wasting days on this is getting tedious!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, finally got this to work.  It is really a terrific system, but the INSTRUCTIONS are USELESS!

Had to guess and guess and guess what the correct log in was for COMCAST SMALL BUSINESS exchange server.  Sprint instructions NOT EVEN CLOSE and Comcast was no help either. . .   none of the tech do-dos could help or even understand the issue!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat