cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't multitask during a call

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone won't multitask during a call

For some reason, the past couple of month, my phone stopped allowing me to do anything that requires the use of internet or GPS during a call.  I can't go online or use navigation services at all.  If I'm using the service and get a call, it's fine, but if I try to use either while on a call, I get errors.  Any ideas how to correct this?  I would perfer not to take the phone by a Sprint store since I don't want the response to be the generic "restore the phone" reply.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

This has always been a limitation of a CDMA network.  3G will not allow you to do voice/data simultaneously however 4G will.  Lets say you're using navigation on 3G then get a call then you may still be able to use the navigation for a while because some of the data is likely cached temporarily at some point however if you're on a call then try to initiate any process that requires a data connection then it will not work regardless of which device you're using.  Since 4G is a separate technology that handles data, make sure it is enabled if you wish to do simultaneous voice/data.  Hopefully this helps.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat