cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone won't restart during/after gingerbread update

Highlighted

Re: Phone won't restart during/after gingerbread update

The pictures are stored on the SD card in a directory called DCIM.

If you add contacts on your phone, make sure you create a Google contact and not a phone contact when it asks or they don't sync with your Google account.

On a computer go go the android market and log in with your google information, there should be a screen that will show all the apps you had installed. They will still say they are installed because you never uninstalled them....you wiped the phone. Just install them again from your computer and they will download to your phone.

You will probably have issues moving apps to your SD card that you had there before. Before you move any apps to SD, find and delete the folder called .android_secure on the SD card. That is where all the apps are stored. You will need to remove the card from the phone and put it in a card reader in a computer to delete that folder though.

And find the folder with your photos and back them up while you are at it. SD cards can become corrupt...and it has happend on the Epic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Phone won't restart during/after gingerbread update

Same problem here. This is just more total B***S*** from Sprint. We are supposed to be happy to be just one version behind. The price we pay for this is the loss of all our data and programs!!!!! Sprint needs to come up with a solution which will preserve our data. I am not in the mood to rebuild my phone because of their usual incompetence.

Highlighted

sprinternie wrote:

Same problem here. This is just more total B***S*** from Sprint. We are supposed to be happy to be just one version behind. The price we pay for this is the loss of all our data and programs!!!!! Sprint needs to come up with a solution which will preserve our data. I am not in the mood to rebuild my phone because of their usual incompetence.

Samsung created the update, not Sprint. It would be very difficult to determine what is causing the problem since it isn't happening to everyone. Google is the one that needs to get to work and come up with a way to back up app data. Unfortunately there is always the risk with updating anything there will be problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same exact thing happened to me.  This blows.  Way to get me excited and then shoot it out of the air.  Stupid Samsung.

Highlighted
Wizard

Peja,

It's possible you may need to reset the device, pull the battery then put it back in and hold down the volume down button and press and hold the power button. It will bring up a menu scroll down to clear storage using the volume keys and press the power button to select. This will wipe the device unfortunately.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat