cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Bluetooth, email service and video service for Epic 4g

Journeyman

Poor Bluetooth, email service and video service for Epic 4g

I have had nothing but problems and poor support from sprint regarding my Epic 4g. This is probably the worst and most expensive phone I have had from Sprint yet. I will gladly pay my early termination fee and go to Verizon when they offer the Apple iPhone. Here are my issues...

Bluetooth:

*You can't do handsfree dialing with an ear piece

*You can't communicate with a PC using bluetooth

*It only functions about 20% of the time when syncing with my Jeeps Uconnect feature. I basically have to scroll through my contacts and press call in order for it to call someone on my phone book, instead of using voice commands. This is a big deal.

Email:

*Sometimes email downloads and sends, sometimes it doesn't. Just checked to see if I had any new emails, my phone said no on 2 email accounts. I logged onto those email accounts using my pc and there are tons of new emails.

*Sometimes when you respond to an email, it doesn't send it. I have called sprint on this and they say the network is busy and to delete the old email and try again.

Vide0

*When I buy a blueray DVD, it comes with Digital copy. However, digital copy doesn't play on Sprint Phones, only Apple iPhones or windows media. Yet, sprint wants me to pay full retail price for a movie in order to make it portable.

When Sprint hired its new CEO and he came out with the simply everything plan it was great but I have to say I am very dissapointed with the new Epic 4g, too many issues, no support and a company that doesn't care.

P.S. My screen locks up once in awhile during phone calls and the only way to unlock it is to slide out the key board.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Poor Bluetooth, email service and video service for Epic 4g

Why can't you use the Bluetooth to dial? Do you know how?

I just tried mine and it works perfect.

Here's how mine works:

With the Blutooth connected to my phone push the dial button on the earpiece.

A "woman's voice" will tell you to "Say a command".

Just say someone's name in your phonebook.

The voice will repeat and dial the number for you.

Let me know if it works for you too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What bluetooth headset do you have? I have a motorola H715. Do you have an Epic 4g or HTC?

Journeyman

1. Bluetooth voice dialing is only supported by Android 2.2

2. A battery pull, or removing and re-adding the account(s) should probably fix the email issue.

3. WMV or MP4 files should have no problem playing on the phone.  If they do, download RockPlayer from the Market.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat