cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Installed game "Asphalt 5" on Epic4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre-Installed game "Asphalt 5" on Epic4G

Hi, everyone, I just received my Epic last week and have been getting acclimated to it.  I demo-played the preinstalled Asphalt5 game on it, but when I tried to purchase it, the download connection times-out and the error message appearing reads "There has been an error while initiating connection".  Anyone purchase the preinstalled game and encountered this?  What did you do to finally get the full version?  Help please, I'm hooked on this demo, and need more challenges from the full version--"I feel the need...the need for speed!"

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Pre-Installed game "Asphalt 5" on Epic4G

So after a long Support Chat with Sprint online last night--in which I checked my Epic connections on Sprint Zone, powered-down-and-up-again, and updated Phone Pprofile in Settings-- I was referred to the next level up, a call to Tech Support.  It seemed like the techie didn't quite know what was wrong, either; but, while I was on the phone, I played around with the 4G setting and turned it off (I had it on when I tried to purchase-download the full version) and then attempted to purchase again, this time with success!

I don't know why the Epic didn't allow download connection on 4G.  It either may have simply not allowed it, or perhaps because I downloaded the game initially for demo play on the 3G setting, somehow it didn't recognize the the 4G connection...???  I don't know.

While on the phone I let Tech Support know that I found the issue and asked that they note it, with a possible intent to bring it to some department's attention that would find out why this occured.  I know it's a long shot, but I would really like to know why it happened.

Wizard

could it be that the 4G connection was going in and out during the download?

Journeyman

I think I noticed that the 4G signal was weak and may have "zzz" (I was just too frustrated really remember as I just kept re-attempting and re-attempting), but couldn't/shouldn't it have ceded to 3G?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat