cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting Epic 4G to computer

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems connecting Epic 4G to computer

I have a macbook pro (latest model) and when I connect the phone to the laptop, the computer does not recognize the phone. I cannot mount the SD card, I cannot do any kind of sync.

The phone recognizes the computer and starts charging, and allows me to "mount" the SD card ,but nothing happens in either Mac OS X or in Windows XP / 7.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Problems connecting Epic 4G to computer

I know for Windows devices, you have to download the drivers from Samsung.  Also is your Epic set to USB Debugging.  You can find that by going to Menu>Settings>Applications>Development> and make sure you have checked "USB DEBUGGING".  Hope that helps.

Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem, except it seems to be only my computer (macbook pro, mid 2010).  It works fine on other computers, including my friend's mbp. I just did a clean install of osx and I'm having the same problem.

Journeyman

Same problem here.  Tried the USB debugging and is not being recognized by my mid2010 mbp.

Tried with Win7 64bit notebook, isn't recognized either...  well sort of.  It connects, then disconnects, connects, then disconnects, and so on.  I have installed the appropriate drivers.

Tried with old XP notebook, connected fine...  do I really have to drag out my dinosaur notebook anytime I want to connect my phone to my computer???

Also, I am using the original USB cable that come with the phone.  I have tried others with no luck.

The scenario that concerns me the most is the connection to the Win7 notebook.  Anyone else experiencing something similar?  Trying to see if it's the usb ports on the computer or if it's the phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat