cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems making/receiving calls

Journeyman

Since early yesterday afternoon, I have been having problems making and receiving calls. Due to signal coverage issues, I have an Airave device and I make/receive calls through the Airave network. I first discovered a problem when I tried to make a call, and did not hear the Airave tones. There was a long period of silence and the call never connected. I tried calling another number and had the same problem. I then called Sprint Customer Service from my landline phone and explained the problem. Somehow, the phone had completely dropped out of the Sprint network. I was able to get the phone working again by going into the advanced settings (##xxxx#) and verifying settings, followed by updating the profile.

This morning, I once again had problems making/receiving calls. This time though, the signal kept going in and out every few seconds. The phone would go from a full signal to a circle with a line through it indicating no signal. I called customer service again, and this time it was suggested that there was a problem with the Airave, so I basically got transferred from first line support to advanced support to airave support. The airave was remotely reset since the last time it had connected to the network was yesterday. Later in the afternoon, The next time I checked the phone, I had no signal/data coverage at all. The date/time on the phone were incorrect, and furthermore, I couldn't even connect to a known working WiFi. The phone stated I was not in range of the wireless network that I was attempting to connect to, which I knew not to be the case. I was unable to update the PRL or data profile.

At this point, I guess I am going to have to make a THIRD call on the SAME ISSUE. Since I was unable to use my phone when I was away from the airave device, I am now wondering if there is something going on with the Sprint network?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I too am having the same problems! Just started randomly through the day not having a signal. Now I cannot use it at all. this is only day two of owning this phone. Very frustrated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue - the signal goes out and back on, I can't text, I can receive texts sporadically, I have been able to make one call this morning.  rebooted phone same issue, I put it in and out of airplane mode, etc, still the same issues, went outside, same issues as well. 

Journeyman

The phone started working again after I posted this message, so I guess I can only assume that there was some network problem with Sprint since I couldn't make or receive calls or even connect to a wireless network away from my home. I haven't had any problems since.

Journeyman

i found same problem on my cell this afternoon, i cannot receive call neither i could call any sprint service....Every time i call sprint network it stops calling and message pops up Network Busy....I cannot understand whats going on

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat