cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Epic after gingerbread

Journeyman

To start off we have 2 of these phones and I am personally on my 3rd. After this update our batteries are dying within 6 hrs with no use. When we use the troubleshooting guide that shows what settings are affecting battery life it shows the 4g and the data roaming arrows all the way red, when you go into the settings they are turned off. Another thing that happened after the update is the speaker volume is obnoxiously loud even with it set on the lowest setting. I cant believe the problems weve had with these phones. Anyone else having these issues?

5 REPLIES 5

Poor battery life is most likely caused by an app or background process that keeps running when it shouldn't.

Sprint Zone app incorrectly shows 4G and data roaming as active when they aren't (A problem with the app, not the phone).

For the volume, when on a call try turning the volume up and then back down. Not a fix, but a workaround until they can fix it.

Journeyman

My battery life also dropped after the gingerbread update.  I was previously getting 18 to 24 hours, ordinarily (less if it was a heavy use day), but now I am getting about 11 to 16 hours, using my phone exactly the same way and in exactly the same locations.  I routinely check for apps or processes running in the background, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.  The thing I've noticed that's different, when I check "what's been using your battery", is that the "android system" use is way up (although the display use is way down).  Before gingerbread, it was almost always the display that used the lions' share of the battery.  efajeep, I'm not having the issue with the volume. I don't know what to do, except keep my charger and spare battery close!

Overall, I've been very happy with my Epic, but I'm disappointed that the battery use is actually worse after gingerbread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cant control call volume, even when doing it manually when on a call.  The up/down buttons are completely unresponsive after the update, and the call volume is insanely loud to the point I need to hold my phone away from my ear.  Very frustrating.

Gizmodo posted it yesterday, today it is Yahoo reporting about the invasion of privacy by Sprint and CarrierIQ.  They are capturing every single keystroke made with your phone and tracking you via GPS even when you turn GPS off, which obviously is gonna drain more battery.  Shame on Sprint for this violation of trust.

http://news.yahoo.com/smartphone-spying-204933867.html

Journeyman

Wow read the article from yahoo that RickyRicardo3G posted above makes you just want to go back to an old school phone that serves the purpose of texting and calling thats it!!! This is an outrage!

Journeyman

I have been having the battery issue as well, but the big issue that is happening since this gingerbread  update is my phone will not shut down when I tell it to. What it does is reboot itself. I have taken the battery out, and put it back in after a few min, and the phone just boots itself back up.  I need it to actually turn itself off. Has anyone else experienced this issue??

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat