cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Music Playback

Journeyman

Problems with Music Playback

Is anyone else having a problem on their Epic 4G where their music skips/stutters during playback.  I'm having this problem no matter what app I use, or method of output, supplied ear buds, car audio, computer speakers.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Problems with Music Playback

Yes,   I have the same exact problem,  no matter what music play I DL,  it still skips.  Pandora skips,  mp3's skip...super annoying.  Any fixes would be of GREAT help

Journeyman

You mean local music as well as streaming music?

I've never had a problem and I've done both local to the SD card and streaming music.

For streaming music see if you can connect via wifi at some point and not 3G and see if the problem persists.

For local music I would either try a new MicroSD card or make sure you don't have any running apps that are conflicting (althought I can't say I know of any that should screw up music playing).  It even happens after a fresh restart of the phone?

Journeyman

I happens no matter what. I listen to music on here almost nonstop all day, from the drive in to work, at work.   I have music on the SD card & the hard drive. It happens when I'm listening to Pandora too, whether through wifi on or w/ wifi off. I don't know what it is, but I'm starting to think it's related to the hard drive "working" I notice it's worse if I'm working w/ another app, but my PITA Pre did both with no problems, I'm >< to taking it back.

Journeyman

It sounds like you know what you are talking about.

Ultimately if you do a hard reset and problems still persist, you'll have to swap it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue and I never saw/heard anyone complain about it.  I would mention it in a forum post elsewhere and never get an answer or confirmation.  I ended up sending the phone back and getting an Evo.  Music playback is a must for me.

Journeyman

I have the same problem.  I have only had my Epic for about two (2) months and it only started about two (2) weeks ago.  I listen to music primarily from my SD card and not streaming so I cannot speak to that issue.  It almost seems as though the music speeds up in places.  I have noticed the beat seems to run faster than it should at random times.  This is annoying and a fix would be great or I may have to go the exchange route.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat