cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Runner

Journeyman

Road Runner

I just returned my Samsung Epic to the Sprint store. The employees and Sprint Tech Support could not set up my Road Runner email accounts.

Kept getting the message "unable to conect to server, incorrect ID or password" I checked on my home computer and they are correct. neither of my RR accounts would connect. The store just gave up with almost no effort expended. I can't be the only person in the USA who wants to use RR on their Epic. Without email it is useless to me, thats the reason I upgraded. DUMBEST SMART PHONE I EVER HEARD OF.

Tags (2)
18 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Road Runner

Shoot - sorry you couldn't get it to connect to Roadrunner.

Just curious - have you ever had a smart phone and been able to connect it to your Roadrunner email?

Many cable companies are very very protective of their email -- unless you are physically connected to their wire, you cannot get to your mail.  They like to have a closed private network.  Granted, it does help to keep your mail safe and reduce spam, but it's pretty inconvenient for the customer.

I've encountered that problem for years and have either ran my own mail server or used GMail.com. 

Thanks!

Will

Journeyman

No, this was my first smart phone. I have been able to remotely access email with my pc when traveling through Windows Live mail program with a change to port 587.With the Epic I couldn't even log in, I kept getting an incorrect ID or password on 2 different accounts. Triple checked and password and ID were correct.

Journeyman

Hi, I am an employee of Sprint and I also have Road Runner service as well.  I just went through the setup process and I was able to set up POP3 access.  The auto setup didn't work so I had to do the manual setup option.  Since I'm in Kansas City my POP server was pop-server.kc.rr.com and my SMTP server was smtp-server.kc.rr.com.  The Epic's email app will first have you enter the POP info and then once you hit next it will authenticate and then ask you to enter the SMTP info on the next screen.  One thing I did notice is that the POP screen accepted my user name just fine however on the SMTP screen it didn't accept just my user name and I had to enter my full email address in order for it to be accepted (eg. username@kc.rr.com).  I'm not sure if you have tried this yet but once I did that then it proceeded to the next screen which pretty much had a couple options about deleted messages from the mail server and how often the email app should check for new messages.  Once I got through those options it took me to my inbox and I now have access to all my email.  I would hate to suggest something that you've already tried but if it won't accept just your user name then try entering your full email address as the user name.  Let us know if this helps.

Journeyman

I don't use my Road Runner email accounts that often, but I used drezjohnson's instructions above (changing the POP3 & SMTP settings to my local Road Runner name) and set up my email with no problems.

Journeyman

Thanks guys, I went back and repurchased an Epic and tried the manual set up as you suggested. IT WORKED.Great news. Thanks again.

Journeyman

Great news!

Journeyman

This worked for me but now... 6 weeks later I'm getting a Connection Error in a yellow banner across the top of my account when I try to download an emails. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Time Warner has their emails set up where you need to be connected to their network to send mail.  Sometimes it goes through, but often than not it won't.  Try connecting to wifi(that is connected to RR) and send the mail.  You will see it go through everytime, shortly after you disconnect it will not send anymore.

It's their "anti" spam deal.  They are tracking accounts to stop people using their network to send spam(They don't know the contents, but know how many you send).

Journeyman

That's strange.  The only thing that I could think of is to manually check to make sure that all the server info is correct or if maybe Time Warner has changed anything since you set it up.  So far I haven't had any issues with getting my email.  I really don't use my Road Runner email very often but I have sent and received a few test messages today with no problem (while connected to 4G).  If nothing else works, maybe just remove the email account from your Epic and try setting it up again and see if that fixes your issue.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.