cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card will not mount

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, model SPH-D700, ver 2.2.1. I cannot mount the  SD card. It mounted one time (since 2.2.1 update), and no longer  mounts. I had some trouble mounting before the update but could always  find a computer to recognize it. I always plug it into the main  motherboard USB ports as well.

So this time I tried reboot of the  phone. I tried it on a Dell laptop and it doesn't mount there either.  Both systems have XP sp3.

The phone is stock, and i don't do development or muck around with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

Sometimes removing and re-inserting the SD card from the back does the trick. Let us know if it works for you too.

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

No luck there. Powered down ejected and reinsert SD card. Still getting USB device not recognized.

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

I assume you have already installed the drivers. Put a checkmark on USB debugging then connect to your computer. Select the "Mass Storage" to copy information from/to your computer to phone or vise-versa.

As soon as you disconnect from the computer your SD card will show up on your phone.

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

Where is USB debugging option? I looked thru all the settings.

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

The debugging option is under Settings-applications-development. 

I've been having the same problem for a while now.  Bought 2 epics in September, one can mount fine, the other can't.  The one that can't used to, then it went flakey and would only do it every 5th time or so, now it simply doesn't work.  I've tried everything, debugging is turned off.  I've tried different computers, different OSs, nothing works.  I've tried drivers others suggested you can get off the net but I'm not sure why one needs a special driver for a USB connection that once worked fine, then didn't.  I haven't installed anything special to make the other one work.  I have the Samsung Kies application on my computer and it stays stuck in a connecting state when I connect my epic.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and just say our particular phones are hosed with repsect to mounting. 

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

coolecho wrote:

Where is USB debugging option? I looked thru all the settings.

Like darrenpado mentioned: Settings > Applications > Development

**You need to checkmark this option before connecting to the the computer**

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

Thanks to Radio Shack the problem is fixed. Go to Settings->SD card and phone storage then select Unmount SD Card. Turn off the phone. Remove & reinsert the SD Card (not sure if this is really necessary). Restart and wala it mounts every time.

Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

Yea you, boo me.  For a second there I thought that might work for me, no go.  Phone thinks it connected (as it did before I tried this process) but the computer doesn't see it.  Other phone works just dandy.  I don't get it.  Probably should just stop by a store and ask what's up with my dang phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SD Card will not mount

Try different usb cords, you will have a 50/50 chance the one that came  with the phone will work for data, but will work fine for charging. The  Epic seems to be picky about it. Keep in mind shorter thicker cords are  better. Normally a good data cord will be less than 3 feet long.

I think it has to do with a weak diode or something , some needing better signal strength and power to work properly.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat