cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G and Samsung Galaxy Tab video: Sprint ID

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone else had problems with their phone since this updat? I was forced to install this on my phone. The volume always changes on different functions media, alarm, call volume, ringer volume spontaneously. The alarm update is confusing to use. The custom ring tones won't work. The phone has totally slowed down. Takes forever to switch screens. Problems are very sporadic.I would just like to remove this update. Maybe would re-install after all the problems are fixed.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G and Samsung Galaxy Tab video: Sprint ID

Sorry to hear you are having some issues going on since the update.  Unfortunately there is not a way to remove the update from your phone.   Some of the phones that got the update and were having sporadic issues that you are describing we had to end up resetting those phones.  You can do a factory data reset from the home screen by pressing menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset.  If the reset does not fix the issue then I would suggest taking the phone to your nearest service and repair center.  I hope this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree!  This update is really bothering me.  The worst is that I have to have a factory provided ringer.  If I do the factory reset won't everything on my phone be erased?  I don't want to lose all of my contacts, ringer downloads, apps, etc.  Help, please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So was this ever resolved? My epic is doing the same thing and I don't want to do a factury restart. I have the volumes turned up as loud as they will go and can barely hear my phone ring or my alarm clock

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is quite a bit of discussion in the 'Is Froyo upgrade killing YOUR battery?' thread.

The only way out for some of us was the reset. back up your messages and contacts (SMS backup & restore app, among others), make a backup of your SD card on your PC, down a shot or two of a good scotch, and do the factory reset. You will lose your free apps, but not your data, backed up messages and contacts, or any of your google data. (If you take the time now and get your phone contacts into your google contacts list first, you'll be in great shape.) Re-connect to google to restore gmail, contacts, calendar, and picasa. then go to android market - all your paid apps will be waiting to be reinstalled. Since all my data on the SD card was untouched, once I reinstalled my ringtone apps, my ringtones were already waiting for me to re-assign. Same with other apps that store data on the SD card. It took about 2 hours to get my phone most of the way back to the way I had it laid out.

After the reset - back to full battery life, back to full speed, and no more worrying about it. And when they announce the 2.3 gingerbread OTA update? NFW. I'll pass.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat