cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G continuously reboots itself after EL30 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I put off installing the update for a week because I was travelling and was afraid it would cause issues.  Now I've updated it and all it does is reboot itelf.  As soon as it starts completely up, it reboots again.  Anyopne else have this issue or anybody know of a solution?  How can I remove the update?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

If it continually reboots, the only way to fix it is to do a factory data reset.  The steps are:

• •1.    Turn the power off. If the Samsung Epic 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  • •2.    Hold the Volume Down, Camera Button, and Power Button down until the reset screen pops up
  • •3.    A menu will show that allows for Reboot, Apply update, Wipe data, and Wipe cache
  • •4.    Highlight Wipe data using the volume buttons Select it by pressing the House button
  • •5.    Confirm: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
  • •6.    Select Reboot with the house button
  • •7.    Phone will reboot

You should get the use of your phone back but you will have to setup your Gmail to get your contacts back and download your apps again...but you wont lose anything on the storage card such as pictures, music, and ringtones.

-John

Journeyman

I had the same sort of issue with mine. Shutting off randomly. I went into the display settings and turned off the power save mode and the window animation. That seems to have worked so far. Try this and let us know if that works.

If you have to reset to factory settings I suggest getting mybackuppro app and a backup to you SD card first. This way you can re download the app and do a restore of all your apps and home screens and text and call log. Its as if you never skipped a beat.

Journeyman

I have been able to get it to stay for a while if I remove the battery, then put it back in and restart it.  It was up long enough last time for me to use MyBackupPro and get everything backed up, and then backup my SD card to my PC.  Right after that it went into "recycle mode" again.  I removed/replaced the battery and restarted.  It's been up about a half an hour so far...

I just did do the display settings as you suggested.  I'll report back when I know anything.

Thanks for your responses!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat