Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G keeps deleting email accounts

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Epic 4G keeps deleting email accounts

My brand new Samsung Epic 4G has been perfect until yesterday.

Since then it has deleted both my Gmail and Exchange accounts twice in one day.

Notwithstanding that setting them up again is easy, has anybody else seen this too?

Is there a fix to stop the native email software from continually deleting all account?

Thank you

D.S.

UPDATE: The issue remains, at least once per day the Epic deletes both Gmail and EAS accounts unprompted.  Occurs whether on a shelf or in my pocket.  It's actually not easy to intentionally delete accounts, so not random button presses, but likely a software bug. Solutions???

Message was edited by: dwayneshirley

66 REPLIES 66
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G keeps deleting email accounts

Mine keeps doing the same thing!!!  I have called Sprint tech support several times and they claim that they are unaware of this problem.  I am just starting my Google search for this issue, but found your post and wanted you to know that you are not alone.  Sprint walked me through a complete handset refresh and it lasted less than 24 hours!

Journeyman

I have not had it delete the email accounts, but it hasn't been updating and downloading emails since I purchased the phone.  I started with a comcast account then loaded my gmail.  I got email for one day only.  I have tried asking it to load as well wih no luck.  I was waiting for an email, so I logged into my comcast webmail on the phone, and VOILA!  All my emails started coming through for the last several days without doing anything to the settings on the phone.  Then I had to re-delete them all.  Gmail has stopped since the first day.  I'm not sure what setting I have wrong, or if the phone is just disconnecting and needs to reconnect with the servers.  I never had to do that with my blackberry.  FYI... I know that if you let the battery die down - which is my only complaint about this phone - it will turn off all the connections.  This is not due to this issue.  Anyone that can help or if Sprint is watching these threads, please see that this is a problem.

Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem, although it's not deleting my email accounts.

I can't seem to be able to send email any more, it just gets stuck in the OUTBOX and there's no way to click SEND or RE-SEND or anything.

I have the phone setup to sync with Exchange and it seemed to work fine for a few days and now it's not working any more.  I tried to turn the phone off and back on but it's still not doing it.

Wizard

If your mail is getting stuck in the outbox, remove the account from the device, then add the account again to resolve.

I haven't run across anything regarding email accounts being deleted...that's definitely strange.  

Journeyman

Thanks, that worked.  The bad thing is that I had like 10 emails in there that I had to retype.

I am concerned it might happen again though.  Any idea why that would happen?

Is there a fix coming soon from Sprint or Samsung?

Wizard

I haven't heard that this is an ongoing problem.  Hopefully it won't happen again.  If it does, please post back and let us know.

Journeyman

It happens regularly when using the email client to sync gMail and my corporate Exchange server.  Because of the slow speed of my corporate email server, the once or twice a day full resync was contributing to my poor battery life.  I stopped using the built in email client and switched to a third party client (in my case Touchdown) and it has been working very well.  I would prefer to use the built in email client (the one on my Evo works great) but the one on the Epic is too unreliable.  I do wish this problem were resolved, but it is MUCH lower priority to the "stop ship" 3G upload speeds and GPS failure issues.

Journeyman

my email got deleted today, sort of. clicking the email on my homescrren or through the apps comes up with no accounts. but actually when i go settings, accounts i still see my gmail and exchange account. i also just got a gmail through the alerts tab which i could get to my full intact gmail inbox. i cant get to my exchange account which had 8 new emails when i went through the web browser. is this sprint or samsung software. the accounts are there this seems like an easy update fix, somebody help

Journeyman

After setting up my Exchange email account again, email started flowing but it's not very reliable.  Not all the emails are getting synced up to my phone.  There was about 3 or 4 emails that never got synced up.

I started using Touchdown application because I need something that's going to be reliable.

I heard that there's a known issue with Android 2.1 and Exchange.  It's supposed to have a fix in October.

There's no upgrade to Android 2.2 for the Epic currently.

Any idea when that's supposed to be released?

Journeyman

This has happened 8 times to me so far.  I purchased the phone thursday and configured the e-mail client prior to leaving the Sprint store.  I have 3 e-mail accounts that I manage with my phone. Saturday the e-mail settings disappeard for the fist time .. it has happened 7 times since.. very frustrating.

Journeyman

My EPIC isn't deleting email accounts but since early last week, it is retreiving email very sporadically and at times I have to reboot the phone one to three times in order to get it to retrive the emails.

Today, between my perssonal godaddy email (pop3) and my work email (imap) I had 27 emails while the phone so far has only recorded 3 and nothing since 8:12 this morning.

In addition, I am getting contiuing notifications that it is unable to connect with the server.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both accounts twice now and it hasn't gotten any better.

Strange that it worked great for the first week?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat