cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G keeps deleting email accounts

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G keeps deleting email accounts

after it happened the 5th time, I agreed to let tech support do a complete system wipe to factory settings, which worked for less than 24 hours.  the phone was sitting on the counter so it was not caused by me hitting buttons accidentally.  i have my gmail account, 3 pop accounts and an exchange account.  after the accounts disappearing 2 more times, i went to the store as tech support instructed.  they replaced the phone last Sunday and it hasn't happened since.  what is now obnoxious is that i'm now experiencing the unreliable email downloads that so many people are complaining about all over the internet.  can't decide which is worse.....accounts that kept disappearing or accounts that i think the phone is checking but people think i am ignoring messages that ikm not getting in a timely manner.  anonther odd issue i just learned is that i cankt capitalize letters when typing on this forum. 

Journeyman

this is the second time all my email accounts were deleted. i have my company exchange email, gmail, cox, and hotmail, and all were completely deleted. any support is appreciated.

Journeyman

I really appreciate the Sprint person for posting. Its always good to know someone you pay over $1000 a year cares! So I got this fixed by going to a Sprint Store, removing the account and getting the latest update. My guy at the Sprint store explained that this is totally a Android (Google) - Exchange (Microsoft) interface problem. I turned off auto-sync and Everything has been perfect with no probs since Thursday (4days). He told me that Microsoft and google know about this and it is a Sync issue. Which makes total sense because I also as getting repeat emails after I deleted them when I had auto-sync on. Apparently he also said that another update will be here by the end of the month. I still love my phone! Even if its not fixed, I really like people helping or caring. So thanks to the Sprint store and the Sprint tech for trolling this board.

But BOO on the *2 which told me to call back and then hung up on me, when I called back they told me it was my fault! Even if that was true, you can't say that when your supposed to help people. Unless of your course Sprint is selling self-help!

Journeyman

"My guy at the Sprint store explained that this is totally a Android (Google) - Exchange (Microsoft) interface problem."

More LIES, or at the very leaset false information (ignorance) by Sprint employees (other than the ones on this board ;-).  Go back to your guy at the Sprint store and ask why it works fine on all other Android phones?  I can't personally speak for all other Android phone's but I have first had experience with the native email app on the Evo (works perfect) and a third party app "Touchdown" on the Epic works perfect.  The only email app I've tried to use that has had this problem is the email app that comes on the Sprint SAMSUNG Epic.

Journeyman

Email stuck in Outbox

Email getting stuck in the Outbox is a separate issue. It's a general issue with Android's Gmail application. I've seen it on a variety of devices - it's not specific to the Epic 4G. Affected emails say "Sending..." for eternity.

It occurs when connectivity flakes during the Sending process, so phones with crappy network drivers have more problems than others (Samsung phones for example), and phones in bad signal areas run into it more often than others. So in that way the Epic 4G is affected a bit more than others, but again the issue comes down to a problem with Android Gmail - better off reporting that specific bug to Google.

Journeyman

Had the Epic for a week and the emails are very unreliable. Sprint tells me that it is an issue with verizon but my server settings for my computer and phone are identical. This is very frustrating, my wife has a blackberry and she has no problem. HELP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem where my email from sbcglobal and comcast is not being downloaded. It worked when I initially set it up and now it doesn't download anymore eventhough my download settings say to check it every 10 minutes.

Nice job Sprint, can I have my money back????

Journeyman

So my problem is related....I am trying to set up Exchange with Activesync and the phone takes my settings, but then states that it is loading in perpetuity.  I used the same credentials to loginto an app I downloaded called "Touchdown" so it isn't my settings.  I also used active sync on my Samsung Moment and an Apple Ipad, so it doesn't seem to be a problem on my end.  Please help..

Journeyman

Has anybody tried the email after the DI07 update from Google?  I received my update over last weekend but I haven't tried the native email app yet, still using Touchdown.

Everybody else who's having problems, I would suggest updating to DI07 first and then trying it again.  I'm interested to know if that update fixes all of these things.

Journeyman

I have this problem too and when I try to adjust the incomming or outgoing settings the phone gets stuch "checking incomming(or outgoing) server setting..." This phone was too good to be true. My problem has gotten worse since the update last weekend. Has anyone found a solution that works?

Journeyman

I do not have any issue with the Epic deleting my accounts; however, I use roadrunner and once I recieve an email, it disappears from my inbox--if I delete it, it goes into the trash folder and stays there, but if I leave it in the inbox, it dissappears.  Is there a way to get the Epic to not delete the emails after I receive them, or read them?  In other words, I want my Epic to keep all received emails in my inbox until I delete them manually.

Do I need to forward the emails I want to keep to my Gmail account in order to be able to access them at my convenience?

Journeyman

Since the update was executed on the Epic last week, the problem of unprompted email account deletion has not recurred.

Thank you Google, Microsoft and Sprint for working a solution and pushing it automatically to Epic 4G phones.

My original issue is now resolved.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat