cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4g-Phone not working properly!!!

Journeyman

Samsung Epic 4g-Phone not working properly!!!

My husband and I have been with sprint since feb 2011 and was excited about getting this device. For a few months, we never experience problems until lately. Im currently on my 4th epic phone and I have made a complaint to sprint that its not fair tha they keep sending me a device that is not working properly or on the market anymore. My phone freezes alot, shut down and restarts by its self, is overheating and I complain to sprint and they wont do anything about it.They told me to go into a store and the phone failed and they send me a phone that acts up. Im about to cancel my contract with them because it makes no sense paying $3000 a year for malfunction phones. sprint should try to help there customers and stop trying to rip us off. If the problems persist, Im going to make a complaint to consumer affairs.. My husband and I are waiting for our contract to end so we can leave sprint.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4g-Phone not working properly!!!

Good afternoon,

Please send me a private message with you phone number and I will look into this issue for you. * Paida

Journeyman

I have been having these same issues!!!  My 3rd new epic should be in tomorrow.... can't upgrade since supposedly the "upgrade choices" are worse than mine.  Between my smoldering brick of a phone and the horrible roaming and dropped calls (not to mention the worthless chat customer support) my 16 years as a spring customer appears to be drawing to a close...

Journeyman

I understand your guys' frustration but it sounds more like a user issue than phone issue. First you have to list your issues so some of our users can help/guide you. Otherwise, no-one knows what you're complaining about?!

What upgrade choices are you looking for that are worse than what you have?

Journeyman

Just curious if they resolved your issue.  I have been with Sprint for 15 years, I have never had a problem until I got the Epic.  My Epic started overheating to the point you couldn't even pick it up, sometimes the battery would drain within 30 minutes, my phone would freeze up constantly after a call (so the line would just hang and a list of other problems. Two replacements later and everything was fine until recently.  Now my text messages are not coming through all the time.  Sometimes they are delayed.  When I try to send a message, I frequently get "Failed to send" error and then I try to resend it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Then a day or so later the recepient will tell me thet received the text messages 4 times.  My phone is also taking a really long time to connect to a call.  I think something is wacky on their end, because I am in AZ and my brother in MI is having the same issue and my daughter in AL is having the same.

Wizard

Metra99,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had so many issues with your device.  I know how frustrating that can truly be.  The first issues you were experiencing appear to be device related.  I'm glad to hear that your issue has been resolved in that regard.  Your most recent issues appear to be network related.  If you would please send me your city, state and nearest cross streets, I'll be glad to look into it for you.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Phoenix, AZ  51st ave & Baseline

Tempe, AZ  52nd st & Broadway

Journeyman

I had been having those exact issues.  I am on my 4th phone (Epic still) and still the same problem.  This is on top of the constant dropped calls.  And to Robbiedoo... no.. it's not user issues.  I actually work in the technical support field, and am subsequentially not an idiot.  I didn't list all my specific issues, because if sprint can't help... why should i expect you to?  I only post here to state that the original poster as well as Metra are not alone.  As for my device issues.. until sprint can fix the device and the network, seems rather pointless.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you asked other users around your area if they're having the same/similar issues? It is possible that the coverage in your area is not as good as in other parts of the town. Is it possible that your neighborhood is against the insallation of towers?! Also, you may activate the roaming feature on your phone and see if that makes a difference. The feature is provided free of charge for Sprint customers, which is not the case with other providers.

Journeyman

Maybe we can't help... but you never know.

Maybe-- bear with me here-- just maybe, telling people on the forums what your particular issues are (instead of just announcing "I got problems" and leaving it at that) will help others understand that their issue(s) is not unique, and possibly-- just possibly-- someone does have a solution or a workaround.

It doesn't cost you more than a few minutes of typing, and there may be a reward of some sort (namely, you get a problem resolved).

But, you know, whatever.  I'm just a guy who's spent eight years or so trolling the internet looking (oftentimes fruitlessly) for answers to his own problems and occasionally helping out others.  I really don't know anything.

Wizard

METRA99,

Thank you for sending me this information.  A quick review of your towers show no reported outages.  You are in a strong coverage area and the towers are performing well.  That being said, it still sounds like a network isssue to me.  I'd like to look into it further, if you'd allow me.  If you wouldn't mind sending me some information via private message I'll be glad to look into it.

To send a private message:

1. Click on my name (Below my picture)
  2. Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Information needed:

1. Your first and last name
  2. Your number and other numbers on the account with the same issue
  3. An alternate contact number, other than the number you're experiencing issues with
  4. The approximate date/time that your issue began
  5. The physical address where you most experience the issue
  6. A brief description of your issue including all services effected (voice, data, text) and any errors messages you may be receiving.
  7. An email address

After reviewing this information, I may need to escalate your issue to our networking technicians.  Note:  Please only send this information via private message to protect your personal information.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

I actually travel for a living, live in the Raleigh area, but work all over the place (major cities and non) and I get the same issues no matter where I go.  My husband has a different phone, same carrier (Sprint) and while his phone doesn't become scorching hot and suddenly dead, our dropped call rates remain... Roaming or not, we have the same issues.  This last time, while sitting in my house (where I have an airwave that Sprint provided) I had no coverage (roaming or otherwise) and couldn't use my phone (which was overheated anyways) as anything other than a paperweight.  When I finally got someone online for a chat.. they told me that they do see that they are having voice and "other" outages in the region and it should be fixed by that night... if not, call support and let them know.  (yes.. she did say.. call us if your voice calls are still unable to go through)

More than 15 years with sprint, and they used to actually try to help with all these issues.  After I missed 50+ calls when a family member died years ago, they dropped roaming charges so I could be in a "blackout" part of town and still have reception.  No reliable cell towers in my zone... no problem.. here's a Airwave.. no problem.  Now... no coverage, dropped calls voice and data outages... huh.. sorry...  nothing.

I had found many answers to insane problems on forums (you know.. how to get rid of stupid programs they force on the phones, etc) But this is sadly a bigger over all performance issue that Sprint has been unable to answer.  So we have 4G capabilities, yeah.. but you don't even have 3G in a major city... so sorry.  Everyone I know who had sprint in this area has left and gone to another carrier... seems like the logical thing to do, even after all this time.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat