cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

Journeyman

Re: I got the update!

@ERICLARACUENTE2008

Did i claim to have received the update? if you inferred that, i apologize. I have not received the update. i'm waiting around like everyone else.

i gave a "canned" response to the question because he said he'd never received an OTA update on his phone.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

According to sprint "- Released in stages beginning at 9PM on 2/21, with 100% of devices (on DI18) having received the update within 4 days"

Which means 12am on 2/22 for me...

Message was edited by: JAGUAR5690

Message was edited by: JAGUAR5690

Highlighted
Wizard

12 pm = noon, 12 am = midnight.  But yeah, on the east coast, we have to wait until the 22nd for the rollout to start.

dshoem01, thanks for updating the maintenance release post about EB13 with the times in the four main US time zones.  That should help.  However, two comments -- putting them in order (east to west or west to east) would be more logical, I think (Mountain's out of place right now), and since midnight Eastern becomes the next day, the Eastern entry really ought to say 22-Feb-2011 for the starting date.

Journeyman

Europe had their 2.2 on their galaxy phones BEFORE the new year. take your own advice.

Journeyman

wait right now wats the current version out cause on my phone it says Baseband Version: SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.DK17  KERNEL VERSION: 2.6.29   BUILD NUMBER: SPH-700 ECLAIR.DI18  HARDWARE VERSIO : D700.0.5 now i was told if i didnt have the current one i wouldnt be able to get froyo 2.2 but i seen online different on the baseband than mine so am I current up to date ?

Wizard

Here's the official notification thread on the update (it includes a link to the maintenance release blog also) :  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/62961?tstart=0

Wizard

My baseband and build number are both DI18.  Not sure if you'll get the update notification since your baseband version is showing DK17.  If you don't receive it, we're working on a release that will update devices on older versions.  I'm expecting it to be available within the next couple of weeks.

Anyone know why the baseband and build numbers would be different?  I'll follow up, but may get the answer faster from folks on here...

Journeyman

thats weird then I wonder why mine says DK17 then and I was really exhited for froyo 2.2

Journeyman

I am on the fence about the release. I have been upset for months about Froyo not being out. I am also glad that they did not just release it then we all have major issues or it BRICKS our Epic and then we are screaming at Sprint. This was the logical thing for Sprint to do. I can't wait till it hits my Epic so I can use my Blueant S4 (True Hands free Bluetooth).

Journeyman

After reading all the post, I looked at my baseband and build number and both are DG17. I haven't really seen anyone else have this same number, is this going to cause an issue when it comes time to update to Froyo or will I not even get the update his week?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.