cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

Journeyman

i will believe it, when it gets to my phone, they been saying we would get update, back in sept, when i bought the phone,lol, you know the old saying, seeing is believing-would be nice, but its probably just another ploy to keep you waiting. they should give you the option to buy newer software, i bet it would come out faster

Highlighted
Journeyman

105. Feb 22, 2011 3:40 PM                             (in response to HALCYONCMDR117)

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 now no OTA Wait

Halcyoncmdr117 - Can you please answer something?

I  tried to do the exact same method you said you did to update my phone. I  used my browser on my phone and went to the Samsung Download Center,  and clicked on the MAC OS version, and when it started to download, i  get an error saying "this file type is not supported" and it cancels the  download. My baseband version and build number are both DI18. Why am i  getting this error? Can anyone help?

I did the same and it worked great.  I lost no apps and only had to re-enter my email passwords.  The only app I had to update was Weather Channel. 

Having said that I see little or no change in speed.  If anything it is a tiny bit slower.  Maybe when I get the 4G I am paying for, and promised in Sep 2010, things will speed up.

Journeyman

I'm in PA and i'm still waiting for my update but i know i'm at the bottom because i purchased my phone in the begining of the month.

Journeyman

I HATE THIS STUPID UPDATE

Ok it did a couple of cool minor things to my phone but the main thing I use my phone for is text messages and i dont use the slide out keyboard i type on my screen well since i got the update yesterday the only digital keyboard that still has a working spell check is that stupid swype keyboard they need to fix the spell check on the android keyboard and fast because i hate my phone now!!!!!!

Wizard

I'm pretty sure that a bunch of people have posted here, and maybe elsewhere, that they have received OTA updates.  So it is coming out.  It's just that the 4-5 day rollout means not everyone will see/get it right away.  You might have ended up near the end of the queue, but you should have Froyo soon, too.  If you don't want to wait any more, you can try the manual update, download from Samsung.  I did, and it worked fine for me.  Just use the Mac instructions for the update.zip method.

Journeyman

I just read that the OTA update has been stopped because so many people have had problems with the update. Here is the article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-halts-epic-4gs-froyo-update-due-data-sd-card-issues

I have an Epic and I still haven't gotten my update. Sounds like I got lucky. Hopefully they get it fixed soon so I can finally be upgraded without any bugs.

Journeyman

I am one of lucky ones that is having problems with the update I did not make any changes to my phone prior to update.

Applications fails when attempting to view contacts or buddy widget. 

Contacts still exist if you view the contacts in the folder.  If you push the contact button on the home page you get

the following message.  android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Did the factory reset, formatted the SD card. imported my contacts.  Same issue exists. If you have the update and didn't do it yet, I would wait a bit longer.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

I went to sprint yesterday an they upgraded my epic to 2.2. Orange ct. Sprint. Everything works great

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

SwiftKey. Works great try it

Wizard

I'm going to lock this thread so we can keep the majority of conversations on the upgrade in the primary thread.  Please use this thread for discussions regarding the upgrade: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/62961?start=0&tstart=0