cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

Downloading the file is easy.  Unfortunately I have only 2 hands.  The installation requires 3.

BTW...I downloaded it from Google.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 How to prepare for the update?

The best App to use is My Backup Pro. If you buy the App it is $4.99 I believe, but it is well worth it. You can save all your data, SMS, MMS, Call Logs, Contacts, Apps and Home Screen Settings.

Journeyman

I need some help here.  I received the update this morning and it loaded just like everybody on here described.  The problem I'm having is that my camera no longer works, the Gallery app shows nothing in it even though when I go to My Files, every thing is there. (it does take forever to load and view my pics though after clicking on one)  The music player force closes every time I click on it and the video player won't play but half the vids I was able to play off web pages prior to the update.  What do I have to do to fix this mess?

Journeyman

Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 now no OTA Wait

WARNING THIS METHOD FLASH YOUR PHONE AND GIVE A FRESH INSTALL 

You can Dowload the new update now without the need of sprint sending it to you just head over to >>>>HERE<<<<

Journeyman

dshoem01, is it known if the download from Samsung is the exact same update that Sprint is pushing to our phones?  The version on the Samsung webstie, EB13, appears to be the same.  I just want to know if there is a reason I should wait and not use the Samsung tool.  Is that something you can answer?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SPH-D700ZKASPR

Samsung Notes:

The update is compatible with the following PC 32 bit Operating Systems of Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. For DETAILED instructions to upgrade your Epic 4G to Android Froyo 2.2, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser window and follow step by step: http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view_us.jsp?SITE_ID=22&PG_ID=2&PROD_SUB_ID=557&PRO... 

Journeyman

that i don't know i'm just tired of waiting on sprint for the update, i installed it today and it seems to be working fine, my guess the difference would be that sprint would backup your files for you before they install the update........or ask one of the people here that says they got the update ota.......

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 now no OTA Wait

This thread is a joke....you guys respond to a select few. I have asked multiple questions and yet no one answers them like they never saw it. But yet one person will get multiple responses......

So I'll try one more time. Will updating to the new firmware from downloading it from Samsung's website void any warranty? I have a 64-bit OS, will that cause a problem when trying to update the phone since it's meant for a 32-bit OS?

Master

SHORTY_RYAN05 wrote:

This thread is a joke....you guys respond to a select few. I have asked multiple questions and yet no one answers them like they never saw it. But yet one person will get multiple responses......

So I'll try one more time. Will updating to the new firmware from downloading it from Samsung's website void any warranty? I have a 64-bit OS, will that cause a problem when trying to update the phone since it's meant for a 32-bit OS?

It's quite possible that people aren't reading every post in the thread (I often skim threads and sometimes miss a page of posts when looking for new replies). Some may not know the answer and so they don't post anything. Some may not want to answer for some reason. It is a message board, there are numerous reasons for not getting a response.

No, loading the software from the Samsung site will not void your warranty. It is the same file available OTA.

I personally updated mine by downloading the update.zip file from the Samsung site. Not the EXE for Windows, but the ZIP for "Mac" (It has nothing to do with Mac). This method does not require any specific operating system on your computer, you could use Windows, Mac, Linux, 32-bit, 64-bit, whatever you want. You could even download it on your phone to your SD card directly actually and install it from there. All you need to do with it is put it on your SD card in the root folder (inside no folder, jsut the base ofthe drive), then turn on the phone into recovery mode by holding the Vol Down, Camera and Power buttons. Then choose the option for loading update.zip (I think the 2nd option?). It will load the update from the SDcard and apply it. You must be on software DI18 for this method to work. All of my stuff was still there when it loaded up and it works great.

Journeyman

then turn on the phone into recovery mode by holding the Vol Down, Camera and Power buttons...

Ah yes...this is the 3 hands version I spoke of earlier.  I only have 2.  I received no options to respond to.  Only a very tiny message that said reboot. No update happened.  I got the update and those exact instructions from Google's Android site.  Did not work.  Yes I have D118.

Message was edited by: jamesbeavers1

Journeyman

Halcyoncmdr117 - Can you please answer something?

I tried to do the exact same method you said you did to update my phone. I used my browser on my phone and went to the Samsung Download Center, and clicked on the MAC OS version, and when it started to download, i get an error saying "this file type is not supported" and it cancels the download. My baseband version and build number are both DI18. Why am i getting this error? Can anyone help?

Journeyman

Still waiting for the OTA update, someday.....I don't want to reload things....so I'll wait patiently...

Journeyman

you fanboys defending sprint are hilariuos. Just tried new "official" rom. Its terrible compared to midnightrom 3.3 with ext4. Benchmarks at half of what a guy came up with in his basement. Lol gg sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat