cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the update!

I just got the update! It installed and then lots of my applications wanted to be updated, too, so that is taking place now. Going to go play with it now, so happy!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I got the update!

I'm jealous! I'll get it soon enough though. Have fun!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you get a notification saying there was an update for Froyo or what?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long did the update take to install? I'll probably be one of the last to get it since I've only had my epic for a month and a half. Congrats!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Android 2.2 available beginning 2/21

why cant they just put it out there and let everyone one doi it when they want to. bull crap. so now i might have to wait til the end of the week. sprint come on

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gripe, gripe, gripe.  If you want something that bad, then don't buy it until it's exactly what you want.  People like you just want something to complain about. Sure, you were told one thing and got another - you're understandably pissed off.  But try, and try hard, to name one manufacturer (Apple, HP, Motorola, Samsung?) who hasn't made promises that they didn't keep.

You can either be bitter and carry the chip on your shoulder, accept what you get and roll with the punches, or just learn a bit of patience and don't buy anything until you are totally satisified.  However, I'm willing to be that you're never really satisified - are you?

Message was edited by: AintLifeGrand (The above message was sent in response to THEREALCHEWTOY's comments)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the Epic Maintenance blog be updated today or is this the only thread to follow this?  Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

BS...not here.  I notice you left out what year.  I'll beleive it when I see my Beach Cam online.

BTW that NASCAR app does not work.  I sent it packing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I take it you like being lied to over and over again.  Still waitng for that 4G I pay for that was promised at the end of September 2010.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm glad to hear that the Froyo update is hiitting phones today as announced.  I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones getting it today though -- I tried a manual update and it said my version of Android was up to date already.  Well, I've waited 3 months already, a few more days isn't going to kill me.

Do you have any info you can provide about the update process that Sprint hasn't posted already?  I've never done one before, so I'm trying to make sure I fully understand what's going to happen before I have to do it.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Dronak01

First the update will download on your phone.

Then you will get a notification saying an update is available for installation.

When you tap on it it will ask if you want to install it now. (Normally they take anywhere from 5 mins to 15 mins. Depending on size)

If you say yes. it will restart your phone, install the update, restart it again, it will take longer to turn on then normal.

Then the update will be installed and you can go back to using your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Linc-Kraker

Why is that you claim to have received the update but you describe "your process of installation" with a standard response from past installs? Did you really get the update? as of right now your the second person around the Internet that has claimed to get the update, and both or non convincing....

Would you mind giving the community better details?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat