Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (Android 2.2.1) - Ability to install applications to external storage - Improved Bluetooth device support - Bluetooth Voice Dialing - Flash Player 10.1 GPS Enhancements Improved OS performance Email PIN based authentication User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G
- Software updates may take approximately 10 minutes to download and 10 minutes to install; updates complete faster when connected to Wi-Fi
- Battery should be charged to approximately 50% before starting the update and should not be removed during the update
- Your device must be on the most current software version to receive the update. Exception: for the EC05 software update, an upgrade is availalbe for
devices on oldersoftware versions. Devices on the leaked DK28 release are not eligible for updates.
- Released in stages with 100% of devices on the most current prior release having received the update within 10 days (unless otherwise specified). - Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages. Device selection is random. - If you do not receive the update, try downloading or updating an application from the Android Market. This may trigger the software download.
Update your software:
Software will be automatically downloaded to your phone
1. A system update screen will prompt the user to 'install now' or 'install later'
If 'install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update
If 'install now' is selected, the phone will power off and back on to complete the software update
If you selected 'install later' and would like to apply the update prior to receiving the next update reminder,
1. Go to the Home screen
2. Tap Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates >Update Android
3.Your phone will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power your phone off and back
on tocomplete the software update.
Check the software version on your phone:
1. Go to the Home screen
2. Tap Menu > Settings > About phone
3. The build number and software number show the current version on your phone
Note: Comments are restricted on this blog. Please post any comments under the thread for the specific software update.
3/24/11 - Important Notes, EC05 updates from older software versions
1/23/12 - Clarified the manual check for updates - only after selecting 'install later'.
3/26/12 - Rollout schedule is 10 days unless otherwise specified