cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic - Stopping the Data Roaming Error Message and Beep?

SOLVED
Journeyman

I have a new Samsung Epic and I work in a location with poor cellular data service (no 4G and sporatic 3G).  As a result, my phone will beep and flash an error message everytime it roams out of the Sprint network (even if I am not using the phone).  I have unchecked 'data roaming' in the settings menu; yet, I always get this message (because my data roaming guard is on).

Does anyone know how to fix this Incessant beeping and message from appearing! I'm looking for a solution and not a quick fix or work around.

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Stopping the Data Roaming Error Message and Beep?

Sprint, Samsung, anyone?  Someone else must be having this problem - sound off and hopefully someone will know a solution!

Journeyman

I also have this problem ... I contacted Sprint Customer Service support to see if I had set up my new phone in error [I was thinking I had done something incorrect that cause this issue].  However, they only confirmed that I was in a 3G area.  They said that the issue sounded technical and suggested that I contact Sprint technical support.  I have not done so yet.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

Journeyman

Took me a little while to figure out that problem myself. I own the same phone, and I have my settings set up in this fassion: 3G Data is set on; Data roaming is set off; Data roaming guard is set on; System select is set Sprint only. Now I have no more annoying data roaming warnings.

Wizard

Hello snazzyman, after you have disabled roam guard download Volume Control+, free in the market. use this to change system volume to level 1 or 0 to eliminate the network change beep. most people feel this is very helpfull for this type of annoyance. please let me know if you have any more questions.