cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic - Stopping the Data Roaming Error Message and Beep?

SOLVED
Journeyman

I have a new Samsung Epic and I work in a location with poor cellular data service (no 4G and sporatic 3G).  As a result, my phone will beep and flash an error message everytime it roams out of the Sprint network (even if I am not using the phone).  I have unchecked 'data roaming' in the settings menu; yet, I always get this message (because my data roaming guard is on).

Does anyone know how to fix this Incessant beeping and message from appearing! I'm looking for a solution and not a quick fix or work around.

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic - Stopping the Data Roaming Error Message and Beep?

Sprint, Samsung, anyone?  Someone else must be having this problem - sound off and hopefully someone will know a solution!

Journeyman

I also have this problem ... I contacted Sprint Customer Service support to see if I had set up my new phone in error [I was thinking I had done something incorrect that cause this issue].  However, they only confirmed that I was in a 3G area.  They said that the issue sounded technical and suggested that I contact Sprint technical support.  I have not done so yet.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone knows how to resolve this issue?

Journeyman

Took me a little while to figure out that problem myself. I own the same phone, and I have my settings set up in this fassion: 3G Data is set on; Data roaming is set off; Data roaming guard is set on; System select is set Sprint only. Now I have no more annoying data roaming warnings.

Wizard

Hello snazzyman, after you have disabled roam guard download Volume Control+, free in the market. use this to change system volume to level 1 or 0 to eliminate the network change beep. most people feel this is very helpfull for this type of annoyance. please let me know if you have any more questions.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.