Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic, can't hear others and they can't hear me

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Epic, can't hear others and they can't hear me

I have the Samsung Epic.  Starting last night, I was unable to hear anyone I called or who called me, and they could not hear me.  Everything else, as far as I can tell, about the phone works fine with the exception of anything speech related.  It's quite frustrating since I use my phone for business purposes as well as personal.  Anyone know anything I can do short of taking it in to have it checked out?  I'm stuck at work currently and frankly I need my phone for work so this is quite troubling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic, can't hear others and they can't hear me

Well, for anyone else that has a problem like this...  A friend suggested that when they had the same problem it was due to the phone thinking something was plugged into the headphone jack.  Rebooting did nothing then just like it did nothing for me.  So I blew into the headset jack with some compressed air and tinkered with it for a second and now it works.  So...easy fix if you ever have this problem!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh also, the screen normally dims when the phone goes up to my head.  However, it isn't doing that any longer either.  Speaker phone is also not an option, as the digital button one would normally press for it is disabled.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, for anyone else that has a problem like this...  A friend suggested that when they had the same problem it was due to the phone thinking something was plugged into the headphone jack.  Rebooting did nothing then just like it did nothing for me.  So I blew into the headset jack with some compressed air and tinkered with it for a second and now it works.  So...easy fix if you ever have this problem!

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat