Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic for Sprint won't connect to PC

Highlighted
Journeyman iub
Journeyman

When I use my usb cable to connect my Samsung Epic to my PC, the phone itself asks me if I want to connec to PC. I select 'mass storage' and 'connect usb'. Then the phone appears as if it's connected to the PC, but the phone/device does not show up on my PC. This same issue is happening on two seprarate computers, so I'm thinking there is something wrong with my phone.

I also notice that when I plug my phone into my wall charger using the usb cord, the phone also displays the 'connected to PC' screen, even though the phone is not at all connected to a computer.

Can anyone help me?!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Sounds like something is wrong with the usb plug on your phone. Using the wall charger it should not think it is connected to a pc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

IUB, Are you using the data/charging cable supplied with your phone? If so has the cable seen any damage/abuse? I suspect the cable because I had this issue:

Like many people I have some extra micro-usb cables lying around. So when I first got my epic, I plugged the charger in upstairs and left it there. I tried for frustrating days to get the phone to connect with my pc downstairs with results similar to yours.

The fact is that the cable I was using was only wired for power, not data. I brought the Samsung cable to the PC and it connected flawlessly. ( I had already downloaded and installed Samsung drivers so I don't know if you can connect without them, but I don't believe they are necessary.)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat