cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen won't turn off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen won't turn off

Since the update my screen won't auto turn off. I have to hit the button 2 times for it to stay off. I check the auto turn off setting and it still set but something isn't letting the screen sleep. I check all running apps and fucntions nothing is running that shouldn't be so im stumped .

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Screen won't turn off

Same thing is happening to my wife's Epic, but not to mine. Have you tried calling tech support & having them hard-reset the phone? That may work. BE SURE to backup first though - I lost several of my paid apps when I had to have my Epic reset a while back. Good luck & please post a resolution if you get one. Thx!

Journeyman

I was having the same issue and I powered the phone off for about 10 seconds and turned it back on and I havent had the issue at all anymore. (the ol turn it off and take the battery out for 30 seconds lol)

Journeyman

Turned it on & off, but maybe I will try pulling the battery and waiting 5 minutes or so.  Beats resetting the phone!  Thx.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat