Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up pacbell.net problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Setting up pacbell.net problems

I have tried several tech people with sprint and att to no avail. Trying to add my pacbell.net account as a second account in epic touch. It comes up asking for domain\user name and exchange server. Can't get past this to put in pop and smtp info. Anyone know what are these two things - domain and exchange server?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Setting up pacbell.net problems

No reply for several days! Doesn't anyone on this forum have the intelligence to answer this problem???

Journeyman

It is not that we are not Intelligent, it is that none of us can understand why you are doing an Microsoft Exchange setup vs. a Pop mail setup. pacbell.net if I am not mistaken dates back to the days of Packard Bell computers. Perhaps you are not selecting the correct mail type.

Journeyman

There is not choice - facebook, twitty google or microsoft (which I had to select).

Master

You need to set up your email as regular email POP OR IMAP.Not as Exchange Email.

Here is the incoming and outgoing server info for your Pacbell.net Email A/c.

MemberID@pacbell.netpop.att.yahoo.comsmtp.att.yahoo.com

Check this url for more info http://cockle.us/download/ATT_ServerSettings.htm

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

I have this info already but unable to get past it asking me for domain\username and exchange server in order to put in pop and smtp info. That is THE problem.

Journeyman

If the phone's mail client does not have support for Pop mail than your options are:

1 - Get another mail client, search the Market for a POP Mail client

2 - Setup up a Gmail account ( you already have one if you have access to the Market) and configure your gmail account to retrieve all your messages from pacbell.net you can even configure gmail to send mail as if you are sending from pacbell.net.

Journeyman

Yes that is an option but I was intent to get my pacbell.net account into the phone.

FINALLY, talk with a senior tech at sprint and found out that the Account/sync dept of phone is for what was set up when originally starting up the phone. "Add account" is misleading since another account should not be added there but need to go into "email" and pull up menu where an account can be added. Behold mission finally accomplished after hours of frustration. Hope this helps other who try what I tried.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat